Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Window Cleaning Tip

Duke

After returning from the Bonneville Salt Flats, I had this residue on my windows that I had cleaned at least five times and just made it even worse. It was kinda a white haze. I tried Windex, and other glass cleaners, nothing worked. A friend of mine has a window washing business and came by to do our windows. I asked him.
He handed me a little squeegee and a little cloth covered applicator that he dipped into his solution, along with a cloth shop towel. Five minutes and the windows are great. The solution was a little less than one ounce of liquid dish soap to one gallon of water. He said he used Dove dish soap. No streaks or smears, perfect windows.
:)

I had a window cleaning pro show me the same trick only he used Joy. All is takes a a few drops and you get streak free windows with only a squeegee.

By the way, Duke, how was Bonneville? I leave on the 8th to tow out for the World of Speed.

Jim

Bonneville was great, not as hot as usual and the salt was in great shape, best I had seen it in years. Went to the World of Speed one year and nearly froze my butt off - I think it was in October. So who knows how it will be in September. If it is hot and sunny be sure to wear very dark glasses, if you don't it is almost like getting flash burns. Also sunscreen by the gallon if you happen to be Irish and Scottish like me.

P1000242.jpg

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I've used couple drops of Joy many times along with a half cup of white vinegar per gallon. The squeegee is the key though.

:shhh: Don't tell BoBoo....I tell her I don't do windows!

dish soap, vinegar, and newspaper to wipe with. works good to remove cigarette smoke too.

Ron

ps- that's to wipe the windows with rooster .. lol

damit i wish you would post sooner ace that burns.

Wouldn't the newspaper ink get everywhere?

For what its worth, furnature oil like Pledge works just as good as Armorall. It makes ya dizzy in a truck that looks like it was last cleaned during the Ronald Reagan Administration too.:D

HAceT said:
I'm tellin........you just wait....you'll see........next time I see her.
And you and I will be out there cleaning ALL those windows.....:D

jbisme said:
Wouldn't the newspaper ink get everywhere?

For what its worth, furnature oil like Pledge works just as good as Armorall. It makes ya dizzy in a truck that looks like it was last cleaned during the Ronald Reagan Administration too.:D

Actually no. I learned that trick a long time ago. It makes for nice clean windows, and newspaper is a lot cheaper than papertowels! Another plus is the newspaper is lint free so no little white dots all over the place.

I should add .. an old news paper ....................

Ron

With a 3 day weekend, there will be lots of time to read newspapers and clean windows. :D

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back