Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Windshield mounting Question

Johnny

Alright, I have my windshield mounted solid and I have a 3/16" gap at the bottom between frame and top of cowl. Anyone else have this happen? If so, what do you all do to fix this? A strip of rubber? Waterproof caulk? Body filler? I know there has got to be a way to fix it.

Thanks

This was covered awhile back and I think it was said you need to leave that open so there is not so much pressure on the windshield. Mine is open. If it is raining then that is the last of your worries. :)

This was covered awhile back and I think it was said you need to leave that open so there is not so much pressure on the windshield. Mine is open. If it is raining then that is the last of your worries. :)
That was Teds preference Henry Ford didn't worry about pressure.

I installed the rubber gasket it didn't change anything. But looked better.

What is there to worry about sealing anything??? it is an open car, that gap under the frame lets the wind through a bit to ease the back draft, if it were open more, your hair would flow back instead of forwards, windshield brace rods help hold the frame in one place at speed, as that is a lot of leverage or pressure on the corners of that fiberglass body if the posts do not fit as intended...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back