Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Windshield Posts

Indycars

I'm looking for some laid back windshield posts for a 23 T. Now I've found the SS one that are too much ($200) and the chrome one, but I need to cut on them, so that won't work.

I've checked the sponsors and searched a fair amount, but nothing.

Does someone make a plain steel posts that are laid back???

Something like these .....

WPosts.jpg

I had the same dilemma but finally spent the $200 on Speedway windshield posts. Turns out this was a good buy as they fit my body very well and look very nice. I hated to spend that much, but do not regret it now.
Winshield 1.jpg

I had the same dilemma but finally spent the $200 on Speedway windshield posts. Turns out this was a good buy as they fit my body very well and look very nice. I hated to spend that much, but do not regret it now.
View attachment 10872
I just noticed your master cylinder. What petals did you decide to use? Mine are mounted to the cross member and come up through the floor, but it is a single cylinder and was bolted to the bottom. I need to change it and I am changing the steering column, so this would be the time. I have several sets from GM f and g body stuff, I was looking at one set earlier that may be an easy install.

View attachment 10872
Why is there only one hole for the windshield, when there are two originally? Seconds hole would help with the side to side rigidity.

How tall are the threaded bosses for the body mounts?

BTW, thanks for the feedback !!!

just get a pair of raw steel ones and cut and weld them the way you want. i also notice the hole in the post. speedways short post are not like the stock ones, as the second hole goes right through the door revel. some bodies are not long enough at that point, if you choose to cut the door out later.

I just noticed your master cylinder. What petals did you decide to use?

I used the one that RPM makes. Works great and comes with brake light switch. I also reinforced firewall with 1x1 steel angles, vertical, one on each side of pedal box, as long as I could make then to fit inside firewall surface.

I used the one that RPM makes. Works great and comes with brake light switch. I also reinforced firewall with 1x1 steel angles, vertical, one on each side of pedal box, as long as I could make then to fit inside firewall surface.

I also bought my master cylinder and brake pedal assembly from RPM. Great package at a great price and quick shipping from this forum sponsor. If you want a set up like this you won't go wrong with RPM.
mastercylinder.jpg

just get a pair of raw steel ones and cut and weld them the way you want. i also notice the hole in the post. speedways short post are not like the stock ones, as the second hole goes right through the door revel. some bodies are not long enough at that point, if you choose to cut the door out later.

I already have the door cutout and mounted for many years now. Since 1980 actually !!!:whistling:

I already purchased the SS laid back post, when I found some at CCR for $80. Just thought I would follow up since someone else might need the info.

http://californiacustomroadsters.com/cacr2.html
61020 • T-Winshield Post, paintable, powdercoated pr/ $79.95
Thanks for the post. Was about to order the speedway ones myself. I want my posts and frame black anyway so hated to spend the $$ on the chrome ones. Pairing that with a garage sale discontinued frame and $80 for the glass puts about $325 in the complete windshield. You just saved me $120 bucks!

You can take the wife, girlfriend or both out for a nice dinner then!!! :whistling:

Take one for dinner and one for dessert. Problem solved. Now I will let you decide which is dessert! lol ;-)
I see that I am not the only one with a dirty mind... Oh well. That's a good reason to stay busy in the shop, keeps me out of trouble, for the most part.

Not sure how long ago you purchased the posts from CCR but I don't believe they have any more of them.

Jerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back