Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wood work

You can not have overkill when supporting fiberglass.But at least you have a door which takes a lot of stress off the sides from climbing out.I would think you might want to wood the bottom of the door also.Nice job JMO

Looks good to me. Put some plywood on the back of your firewall to help keep heat out.

Ron

I have never built a glass car (thats one reason I am on this board), but I am going to and I will be watching this thread and buying that e-book to learn from the folks that have ''been there -done that", but your work looks pretty lined out to me!

Thanks guys. I'm on a strict budget, so my build pics will be as I can get parts. In the middle of remodeling a house, and according to my wife, it has priority. Who knew?

I have never built a glass car (thats one reason I am on this board), but I am going to and I will be watching this thread and buying that e-book to learn from the folks that have ''been there -done that", but your work looks pretty lined out to me!
I'm ordering that Ebook soon and I very highly recommend you get the Total Performance T Bucket assembly manual it will be the best 25$ you spend on building your T and the info can be applied to a lot of other hotrods as well.Shows you step by step how to build their T and has blue prints for every single piece in it,If you use someone elses body you might have to adjust a measurement but everything you need to know is there.They also used to sell an assembly video for 5$ It has 6 or 7- 1/2 hour segments of "Shade Tee Mechanics "TV show when they built a total T kit

I'm ordering that Ebook soon and I very highly recommend you get the Total Performance T Bucket assembly manual it will be the best 25$ you spend on building your T and the info can be applied to a lot of other hotrods as well.Shows you step by step how to build their T and has blue prints for every single piece in it,If you use someone elses body you might have to adjust a measurement but everything you need to know is there.They also used to sell an assembly video for 5$ It has 6 or 7- 1/2 hour segments of "Shade Tee Mechanics "TV show when they built a total T kit

Where can you get a copy of the Total Performance Manual? Is it the same as the Speedway Manual

The Speedway manual should be the same as the total manual.

Ron

Well, I started doing my wood. Does this look okay? Not sure if it's okay or overkill.

th_100_0890.jpg

I've been gone for a while, It got too cold to work on the old farm house. comPuter wouldn't let be sign on. so I had to stutter to get my new log on. A while ago I said I had some prints that I used for doing the wood in my original restoration an a T touring. The prints were done years ago by Mel Miller in oregon. He since passed away but his daughter is now handling the T business. You can google mel miller model t or send a SASE to Jennifer-model T, 620 4 Th Ave SE, Albany, Oregon 97321

Looks good and I see this is how most people do them. Just wondered how the uphostery is attached to the wood?

I would go easy on adding anything to doors. You do not want them being heavy, or your just going to be asking for trouble. I'm not sure what your using for the sides as far as support. But my bucket is all glass with no structure to mount hinges too. It's definitely taking some fab work to get them strong and reliable.

The Speedway manual should be the same as the total manual.

Ron

There was just a post the other day about how poor the Speedway manual is. The Total Perf. manual is full of pictures and part numbers but I have never seen the Speedway one for comparison.

Nice job on the wood work. It looks like you've put foam pieces between the wood. Am I seeing that correctly?

I'm not looking forward to doing any wood work, although I wish I were that far along to have to face the task.

Back in grade school - can you imagine how many decades ago that might have been? - we had to make a bird house.

Mine might be best described as a Salvador Dali serving tray........ (rim shot, bada boom)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back