Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

wood

Francis Blake

I have been looking at some pics it some other threads and would like to know how to make the wood fit the contours on the inside. There is a custom wood shop near me that carries thin veneer that could be put in layers and molded to fit. or I could sand it to fit (I have a 6x48 belt sander) or I may be missing something. Appreciate any help.

If your talking about making a kind of a liner, the vener will work very well. Use 2 layers glued together. when it dries you can lift it out in one piece. Also your upholster wil love you for it.

Ron

Here is a good pic and post on this project. Saw this bucket it turned out great and strong.
IMG_0681.jpg

wooding body link.

Thanks guys I will be putting the body on the frame as soon as my coilovers from rpm arrives and I get the ride hight set where I want it. Then I will do the wood work and install a door. Slowly getting it to that point where I can take it for the first drive. :)

I also would like to know how everybody else is handling this, as I have wondered too. Is there other wood thickness used, is 3/8" to thick or would 1/4" be better?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back