Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

66 Mustang v8 Radiator Dimensions

Keeper

I went and picked up my radiator this weekend and figured I would show some dimensions, and get any others that people want to see. This is a 3 core copper radiator from my local shop. Once I have things measured and mounted we will be looking at moving the filler location to either a central one to fit the shell, or somewhere else.

Overall dimensions 19.5 at its widest - 21 at its tallest points, upper tank is 3 inches thick, middle is 2.25.

1%20nov%202010%20001.JPG_595.jpg

Rear mount dimension:
1%20nov%202010%20003.JPG_595.jpg

Front mount dimension:
1%20nov%202010%20005.JPG_595.jpg

Height:
1%20nov%202010%20004.JPG_595.jpg

Transmission cooler line location:
1%20nov%202010%20006.JPG_595.jpg

Will fit inside my shell like it was made of it. This is with the rear mount level with the rear of the shell. Gives me about 1.5 inches from the front of the shell to the radiator itself.
1%20nov%202010%20009.JPG_595.jpg

If there are any dimensions that you would like to know. Let me know and I will go measure it.

I went and picked up my radiator this weekend and figured I would show some dimensions, and get any others that people want to see. This is a 3 core copper radiator from my local shop. Once I have things measured and mounted we will be looking at moving the filler location to either a central one to fit the shell, or somewhere else.

Overall dimensions 19.5 at its widest - 21 at its tallest points, upper tank is 3 inches thick, middle is 2.25.

Rear mount dimension:

Front mount dimension:

Height:

Transmission cooler line location:

Will fit inside my shell like it was made of it. This is with the rear mount level with the rear of the shell. Gives me about 1.5 inches from the front of the shell to the radiator itself.

If there are any dimensions that you would like to know. Let me know and I will go measure it.

Good info! What is the going cost for a new rad like this?

I paid $137 at Auto Zone. Had to order it 3 times before I got one without tons of bent fins.

Ron

That is the same rad that I am using . Got it at auto zone for about $150. using a 4.3 v6 and its plenty big enough for that.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back