Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

700r4 squeak fresh rebuild

Keeper

Okay I had forgot all about this issue, but it popped back up once I actually installed the driveshaft.

Some background.

89 700r4 fresh rebuild by me, new clutches, seals, steels.

When the transmission is in neutral and you spin the shaft it squeals. There is currently very little fluid in it, just what I used when I rebuilt it.

Should I be worried, or should I just fill it with fluid and see if it goes away?

Scratch one more item off the list!!

Ron

Keeper,

I also have a 700r4 and was wondering how was it doing your own rebuild on it. I have read that you need a couple of specialized tools or get a shop to lend a hand. Just curious. I won't know if mine will even work until I try it.

Thanks,
PaulR

Keeper,

I also have a 700r4 and was wondering how was it doing your own rebuild on it. I have read that you need a couple of specialized tools or get a shop to lend a hand. Just curious. I won't know if mine will even work until I try it.

Thanks,
PaulR

I am in the same boat, I will not know how well it works until I take it for its first run, which hopefully will be in the next couple of weeks!

As for the specialized tools, I made some to use, they were not hard to create. I used to have a link around here that showed how to make the tools you will need, have to see if I can track it down.

700r4
Here is a link to how to rebuild one your self and pics of home made tools.

Here is his home made spring compressor.
DSCF0687.JPG

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back