Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

A full day in tha shop !

Baby Huey

Today I spent a full day in the shop actually workin on the front shocks of the bucket. I know, it don'r sound like a big deal, but ya know, this iz the 1st day I have actually worked on it or parts for bout 6 months, so thats somethin.
I have decided to use the old 47 Furd PU hydraulic shocks, I changed my mind from the long armed ones to the short armed shocks with the mounting holes behind the arm, so I can make up a nicer lookin mounting bracket and gusset....
I'll try to take pictures this week if I get that far...
Now to go out and fire up the BB-q (steaks !!:razz:) and I gotta water the Tomatos beings I was in the shop all day . "BH":cool:

'Bout time you got off your butt and did something on it!! :D:lol:

We aren't gonna believe it unless we see the pictures.;)

Boy, do I miss REAL tomatoes like we had up North.......ones we have here have no flavor at all.:sad:

Don

Two things I missed when I was stationed in Sanford were fresh, right out of the garden tomatoes and pine trees. I would drive to Deland to Silver Springs Park to see the pines there.

Ron

Baby Huey said:
Today I spent a full day in the shop actually workin on the gusset... I'll try to take pictures this week if I get that far...

Now careful there BH! This is a family site and a picture of you in a gusset has got to be against some kind of forum rules!

OK... I'm sorry... my mind is a terrible thing! :eek:

Youngster said:
Two things I missed when I was stationed in Sanford were fresh, right out of the garden tomatoes and pine trees. I would drive to Deland to Silver Springs Park to see the pines there.

Ron

I think I have around 40 Tomato plants this year, but it's been such a cold snowy spring for us that the darn materz are really slow putting on. I have a few green ones but only the size of a "Q"ball, and really GREEN.
I have 5 "cherry" type tomatos on the south patio ,few of them are ripe, but I eat em fast as they turn red..
This year I planted Potatoes in 5 gallon buckets, they are doin fantastic !! Mostely small russian fingerlings, but I do have a few of Red and thin skin yellow ones, they have blossums on em now so it won't be long.
I also planted cucumbers in hanging flower pots under the eves, Tonight I picked the first one, man was it good !
Yea, I kinda get into this summer garden stuff, I don't have much ground where it's sunny, so I gotta use a lot of pots and buckets, but it works great. A couple years ago we pulled out Cyndy's roses that were along the driveway in full sun, so now I have made that a tomato/ squash patch !! Back yard is shadded by Oak and Cedar trees, so I have pots there on the patio......:D "BH"

donsrods said:
'Bout time you got off your butt and did something on it!! :D:lol:

We aren't gonna believe it unless we see the pictures.;)

Boy, do I miss REAL tomatoes like we had up North.......ones we have here have no flavor at all.:sad:

Don

I hear ya "uncle Don"....Those dang hot house tomatos are terrible....I have a couple big Brandiwines, man are they good for a big thick sandwhich !! But it takes em forever to get ripe.....Once the tomatos rippen up I sit in the back yard with a salt n pepper shaker and a bowl full of fresh tomatos !! It don't get much better n that !
"BH":cool:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back