Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

A little old combined with a little new....

RexRod

I know it's way off topic, but I just love it when I stumble across a project like this:
[ame="[media=youtube]hjoCT6YvNnE[/media]"]YouTube - Chevy Impala 572 Big Block 750HP!![/ame]

Nothing sweeter than the sound of American Iron!

David

next best thing to being there! never rode in a car like that except when i was burnin' up roads in Georgia with a '67 Shelby 500. Yahooooooooo.........................

ron

Youngster said:
next best thing to being there! never rode in a car like that except when i was burnin' up roads in Georgia with a '67 Shelby 500. Yahooooooooo.........................

ron

Well, consider yourself super lucky! I've never even seen a '67 Shelby 500 up close and in person let alone drive one!

:cool:

Smokin' awesome piece of automotive art!!!!! The car belonged to a shipmate when we were stationed in Albany Ga. The owner, Rick, had a back round in road racin'. He could drive like a wizard. Absolutly no mechanical ability! None, ziltch! So, in exchange for me gettin' my hands dirty, I was listed as the second drive on his ins. policy. He worked days and I worked nights, so that poor pony was on the streets at least 16 hours a day.

The original 428 CJ had 2 big ol' Holleys on it (the main reason I use them for door stops today), with a 4 speed behind it and posi. When the CJ gave out, we drove up to Holman & Moody's and got a blue printed 429 short block, bigger pan and a wide ratio 4 speed. 2 days later I had the pony back on the road. I swapped out the heads and intake from the CJ on to the H&M block. All I can say is WOW!!!!!

Funnyest part of the whole story is, Rick still couldn't beat that big nasty ass '66 Chevelle with the tweeked 425 hp 396! I told him it was a Chevy, but he wouldn't listen!

And then there was the time I got stopped doin' 100mph in it with Rick girlfriend. But that's another story. To be continued........................

Ron

Youngster said:
And then there was the time I got stopped doin' 100mph in it with Rick girlfriend. But that's another story. To be continued........................

Ron

OK, now I know there is good story here. This isn't going to be like a movie is it? where we wait two years for "to be continued".

The Chevy looks good. I just can't get to like the huge wheels and short tires. I guess I like my big n littles the old school way.

Reminds Me of my friend getting stopped for 142 in a 25 in a camaro rally sport .They got him for eluding police and 142 in25 earlier clocked him at 156.A friend of mine also had a 70 challenger R/T 383 magum that I saw the speedo way over 120. That was when You got a slap on the hand not a slap on the butt from a cellmate.Sometimes I feel sorry for these kids not having the fun with cars like We had then I look at most of there work ethics LAZY.
Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back