Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

A Little Unknown History About Flippin, Arkansas

That is a very cool story. Never heard that one before. Thanks for sharing

Well now Flippin is famous for Spirit Cars, Ranger Boats and gangsters. Actually Arkansas has quite a history of gangsters going back to Al Capone and Hot Springs, dog racing and politicians. Hot Springs became the place for the Chicago mob to hang out and invest their trades in the local businesses. Capone stayed there quite a bit enjoying the natural hot springs amongst other things. We won't talk about the politicians but it has been quite colorful over the years.

George

There is a little known place just off I-49 south of Alexandra , Louisiana . About mile marker 70. It is in LeCompt about 3 mile east. It is called Lea's Lunch Box. Famous for pies. In the 30ths the politicians from northern Louisiana would meet there and Huey Long would lay the law down before the got to Baton Rouge and the Legislature. It became famous for their pies and ham sandwiches. We stop ever chance we get. Really the best pies around. Very pricey $21 a pie. Notice I didn't link Louisiana politics and gangsters.

Swampdog

There is a little known place just off I-49 south of Alexandra , Louisiana . About mile marker 70. It is in LeCompt about 3 mile east. It is called Lea's Lunch Box. Famous for pies.

Sounds like a good excuse for a road trip! That would be about 90 miles for me. Not too far for a good sandwich and pie!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back