Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

any way to get larger spring pivots?

kev23t

Anyone have an idea where to get a beefier front spring pivot other than the 1/2" stud ones speedway sells? It makes me nervous putting all that weight on those pivots. Anyone build a backup if their pivots break?

Anyone have an idea where to get a beefier front spring pivot other than the 1/2" stud ones speedway sells? It makes me nervous putting all that weight on those pivots. Anyone build a backup if their pivots break?

I've never seen or heard of one breaking, no that it couldn't happen. There's a fellow over in fort worth Texas that has FORD 460 big block in his T. That's quite a bit of weight on the front and he hasn't had any issues. There are plenty of Hemi powered T's running around too.

The 1/2 stud works fine, 1000s of cars using them. We can make them with a 5/8 or even a 3/4 stud if you want.

I understand where your concern is but the 1/2" is fine.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back