Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Anybody for Salt

Duke

A day at the Bonneville Salt Flats. :cool:

P1000242.jpg

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks like a good place to get a sunburn.You should come up north in winter the highways looks like salt flats until spring when the frost comes out roads turn into roller coaster rides. We have two seasons winter and road construction.

Here is a few more pic's
P1000266.jpg

P1000256.jpg

1927 Ford Pickup
P1000245.jpg

Considering that road salt in the winter has eaten every vehicle I've owned, I get really squeemish when I see a nice rod doused in that much salt...lol.

there is usually someone set up with a pressure washer just off the highway that will give you a quick clean up for a few bucks. The shop is about 2 hrs away and I stop and have my son do a good clean up.

A good cleaning is a must. The bucket turns out to be the easiest to clean up. About two hours with a pressure washer, another 20 minutes with an air hose blowing out all the nooks and corners. One hour removing carpet and pressure washing, a day to dry and another hour to install. Waxing and polishing and - Wa-la done. Believe me even with that said it still is the most easy to clean up. For 4 or 5 days of fun it is about two days of work. The way I look at it I am 64 years old and I am going to enjoy the rest of my life come hell or high water or salt. :D :cool::D

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back