Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Anyone have torque specs on t bucket components

kev23t

I am getting ready to put my chassis together and I am wondering what torque to tighten all the different fasteners on a t bucket.

This should be good...

popcorn.gif

WOW that went better than i expected!!!! Thanks Dale Carnage

Steve is playing with others quite well :welcome:

The ones I like go something like torque to 30lbs then turn 30 degrees.

Ya.. I agree. The heads on my 93 Camry V6 were torque then turn 180 degrees. :wow:
I kept waiting for the SNAP! but it didn't happen. :hot:

Popcorn? We don't do that here, do we?

Tighten till it snaps then back it off half a turn. Lee is this the kind of spec you expected?

I was reading an article on mounting scopes and they used the term "farmer tight", referring to over wrenching the product.
I could relate to the term.

I wanted to make sure I didn't overtighten suspension components. I guess just going by feel is OK. I was thinking if the torque values weren't important , then why do the values exist? Why is this a stupid or funny question?

code][/code]
I was reading an article on mounting scopes and they used the term "farmer tight", referring to over wrenching the product.
I could relate to the term.

Well the question wasnt stupid the way you phrased it made it sound like the specs were different on a bucket than on a tractor or what ever. We were laughing at steve he answered your question like a regular person. Something we are all going to need to get use to. In the past he has gotten detention for not playing well with others. He has turned over a new leaf and his latest posts are a testament to the new Steve.

When I was younger (much) I worked for an old Ford line mechanic. He used to say "Ya know that squeak a bolt makes right before it snaps? Well, go half way through that squeak". However, I like Putz's answer the best.

And kev23t - everyone is just messin' with ya in good fun. The important thing that I'm sure we all know is that there are NO stupid questions, and all questions and answers are appreciated. I learn things here every day from reading the questions and responses of others.

Jeff

Oh yeah, I guess It did kinda sound like that.

When I was younger (much) I worked for an old Ford line mechanic. He used to say "Ya know that squeak a bolt makes right before it snaps? Well, go half way through that squeak". However, I like Putz's answer the best.

And kev23t - everyone is just messin' with ya in good fun. The important thing that I'm sure we all know is that there are NO stupid questions, and all questions and answers are appreciated. I learn things here every day from reading the questions and responses of others.

Jeff

LOL... my point with the popcorn was I thought it was going to be a lively debate among several folks (not just Steve (der Spieler) about what the correct torque would be. I figured there would be a bolt by bolt guide with plus or minus 2 foot pounds per bolt. On the other T-bucket board this would have been a two page thread ending up with someone getting banned!!

LOL... my point with the popcorn was I thought it was going to be a lively debate among several folks (not just Steve (der Spieler) about what the correct torque would be. I figured there would be a bolt by bolt guide with plus or minus 2 foot pounds per bolt. On the other T-bucket board this would have been a two page thread ending up with someone getting banned!!

The bolt-by-bolt WOULD have been funny :thumb:
Thank goodness no one got banned (as of yet
<
)
Sorry if I seemed a little "concerned". I'm just used to seeing a major crap-storm when the popcorn comes out (on a different board).
Bolt-by-bolt with specs. and commentary. Yup.. that would have been impressive.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back