Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Best Forum

I use Photobucket to post my pictures and find it very easy to use. The pictures are large and show detail very well.

Jim

Jim, I used to use it a lot a couple of years ago but for some reason now it seems to be very troublesome! Might be me doing something wrong I guess.
I'm gonna give it a try again tonight and see if it's come around a bit.
I have a couple of simple tech posts I could make so I'll give it another try and hopefully get them posted. If everyone made some extra effort the place could really take off. It's a great resource for sure! :D

I think anything that helps someone with their build is a useful tool. For me, pictures with some written directions is the most helpful. I love seeing pics of other guys builds. See how they did it and how it looks. The hardest thing for me to settle on was the tires and wheels for my build. Pictures from other guys cars helped a lot in what I finally chose. By seeing other peoples cars helps a lot in making decision for my car. Pictures also solves another problem, I suck at spelling.

Yes it is a great forum and I like the people on this forum. I agree it needs more involvement from everyone. It seems the site has lots of lurkers which is fine but it would be nice if we had involvement from other folks rather than the same folks posting day in and day out. We want to see new folks and encourage new folks asking questions, posting pictures, answering questions and being part of this forum family. There is no reason why this site can't be even better and have a ton of photos and posts each day. Hopefully we can encourage new members to be active.

Polite sour grapes IMO
dave

Not trying to sound like a sour grape but if one person is having issue that is one thing but when numerous people have said they can't post images then it needs to be looked at. Some people aren't as computer literate as others and a lot of people know how to do what they were taught and that is it.

And I always thought I put up too many pics. Well go figure.... Have used Photochop as I can't post pics from my PC directly to the site. No upload button on my reply panel.

Here it's , take pics , transfer to computer , transfer to photo bucket , transfer to site ....FB ...take pic , open gallery , post pic ...simple for even me...
dave
I get that and do it, but a direct route would be a improvement without the middleman... Not to be arguementive or critical. I just realize this while posting pics. It's a pain to go through a photo share site if you have more than just a few pics. It's ok now, but could be better. IMHO.

Fred...your response is unfortunately typical of you.
But, your points actually reinforce my take on it all. Thanks!

Perhaps people would participate more, if given the tools to do so, and the ability to easily post pictures is a big thing right now as people EXPECT that ability.

I expect that ability...and as a result I don't post nearly as much as I might...if given that ability.

btw...I logged off because I sleep! LoL

You know what, if not being able to post pictures is what's really keeping you from participating in discussions, then I apologize.

Here is something strange.
I now have an "Upload File" button on my reply window that was never there before.
Not sure if it was because I recently donated, or if someone recently fixed something in the database.
I don't know, but I do know it wasn't there before and it is now.
So this will be much easier.
Anyone know the upload file size limit ?

Here is something strange.
I now have an "Upload File" button on my reply window that was never there before.
Not sure if it was because I recently donated, or if someone recently fixed something in the database.
I don't know, but I do know it wasn't there before and it is now.
So this will be much easier.
Anyone know the upload file size limit ?

I mentioned that earlier, that maybe is was a supporter perk, but other supporters don't have it.:confused:

That thread is really just how to link pictures from another website, not how to post pictures directly here.
It does seem that some members have permissions to upload a file directly and some don't.
But nobody seems to know how to get those permissions.
I have them now but have no idea how I got them, I didn't have them as of recently.
Was it because I donated, was it a certain amount of post's, a certain amount of likes from posts.

upload.jpg

Just did a test post over in the "projects" thread.
Used Photobucket for the pics.
Worked...ok...but still irritating as PBucket should be called Photo BOMB for the way they bombard you with advertising. Found it to actually slow down my computer at times.
Took more than an hour in total.
Anyway... "upgraded exhaust"
Check it out if you like...

Works fine for me. It's one of the easiest and most popular ways to post pics in forums. Maybe it's your computer.

I agree with others who can not post pictures, I have tried for 2 years now with no luck. I have tons of pictures of my T-Bucket on Photobucket but can not get them to this site. I love this site and would participate more if I could figure out how to do things. I have read all the posts on how to post pictures but none work for me on any of our 3 computers. I did my T-Bucket over a 3 year period and would have loved to post pictures of the progress but could not. The other issue i Had with the site was that i joined on 6/2012 and in early 2015 all my info just got wiped out fom the site, i have no idea why or how but i had to rejoin in 2015 so it shows that i have been a member since 2015 and thats wrong it should be 2012. Dont want to sound like a downer just giving my 2 cents worth

I would like to post pics but have the same problem as others. I for one will NOT DO FB and don't like Photo Bucket, so that leaves me out of posting pics. I still think this forum is the best when it comes to T-Buckets.

Reactions: RPM
Just wanted to see if I still could upload from my computer. Takes about 3 clicks.
I you use a fancy camera that takes a HD picture (lots of pixels) you may have to down size the picture. Microsoft office has a photo app to do that.
Most smart phone pictures are ok.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back