Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

blinker relay

oino

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Wiring all most done, Just one small issue.

I have a Tridon 552 relay on my hazards and the blinkers.
If I turn on the hazards they work fine. (blink, blink, blink, blink) and turn them off. All good. :winkn:

My blinkers on the other hand. Left, or Right the lights come on and stay solid. No blink.
I've swaped the relays around. Same issue.

Car running or not. Same issue.

????

Cars of today all use solid state blinkers. What will work the best for you is any old style blinker, the type the uses a bi-metal strip inside a circular little can with two terminals. As the bi-metal strip heats up from carrying the current, the expanion rates are differant for the two metals used and it causes the strip to bend away from the contact, opening the circuit and turning off the signal lights. The strip when not passing current through it cools quickly and moves back in contact and repeats.

Isn't a 552 relay a bimetal flasher?

This one?

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...ALUE3-_-VALUE4&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=5080320

5080320_trd_552_pri_mini.jpg

Wiring all most done, Just one small issue.

I have a Tridon 552 relay on my hazards and the blinkers.
If I turn on the hazards they work fine. (blink, blink, blink, blink) and turn them off. All good. :)

My blinkers on the other hand. Left, or Right the lights come on and stay solid. No blink.
I've swaped the relays around. Same issue.

Car running or not. Same issue.

????

Are you using all leds if so you wil need an led flasher with the ground wire or the resistors in line. leds don't pull enough amps for the flaher to work.

Solved.
Got a FL552/536LL Electronic Flasher from Oreilly autoparts.
Blinkers work great now. Woo Hoo.

Oino,

Looks like you figured that one out on your own. I looked at the lights you were using and that would have been my guess. People forget those old style flashers would not work if you had just one burned out bulb or how much faster they would flash when you hooked up a trailer. I used a 4 way flasher when towing for the turn signals.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back