Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Bolting to the top or bottom of a frame rail

Zandoz

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I will be using a Wilwood aluminum floor mount pedal assembly that I want bolted to the top of the frame, instead of the floor. I would like to avoid having to have tubes welded in. Instead, I'd like to put holes in the bottom of the frame rail large enough for bolts, washers, and a socket to fit through...and end up just bolting through the top of the frame rail. After, a plate would be put over the holes in the bottom of the rail, fastened with self tapping screws. Does this sound like a safe and workable plan? Any alternatives?

On the other end, the rear lower control arm brackets need to be fastened to the bottom of the frame rails. Would the same method, with heavier hardware, work safely?

It wouldn't be my prefered choice for the brake bracket. Why not use some tubes with a counter bore for a socket head so it's all flush with the top of the rail?, and I certainly wouldn't use it to mount the rear radius rods. I think it will eventually bend the lower wall of the box tube or rip out completely.

It wouldn't be my prefered choice for the brake bracket. Why not use some tubes with a counter bore for a socket head so it's all flush with the top of the rail?, and I certainly wouldn't use it to mount the rear radius rods. I think it will eventually bend the lower wall of the box tube or rip out completely.

I'm not picturing what you are saying with the tubes, and socket heads.

For the LCAs you're confirming what I was thinking, but I was hoping I was wrong.

Lower Control Arms ?

The lower links of a triangulated 4 link suspension... In my case the links/arms from a Fox Body Mustang racing suspension.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back