Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Brake lines and master cylinder

I have a total performance bucket I need new master cylinder. On my old Mc I took the check valve out for disk on front and left check valve in for drums in rear. I get new Mc and it comes with no check valves in it. I need to have at least one for rear drums like cannot find any.The valve looks like a small spring with a cap on one end it is about 1/2inch long.So now that I don't have any check valve in the mastercylinder can I just put a 2 pound residual valve in the disk brake line and a 10 residual valve in the drum brake line or do I have used proportioning valvery in the drum line. I prefer not to use proportion valve if possible. My master cylinder is below floor. Thank you Lar

I know guys that run dual MC'c with no RPV's and no adj prop valves here in St Louis and seem to have no problems. I don't use the RPV's with mine, but I found that it stops more controllably with an adj prop valve on the rears. Just sayin . . . :)

You can do it the way you suggested. Just out of curiosity, have you tried not putting in any residual valves or proportioning valve? It seems to me that if you ask 10 different people which if any of those items are necessary you will get 12 different answers.

I will be one of those 10 and my take is I don't use either with no problems in the last 25,000 miles with Rear Drums and front Disk.......Now with the right size MC on my Disk/Disk set up it is good to go....

I will try with no residual or proportion and see how that does very carefullyrics and if any problem I will install purport. valve on rear. I never had any valve for front disk anyway. If anyone else has any information I will gladly to hear. Thank you

For what it's worth Spirit puts the prop. valve in the front system. The valve cuts down pressure and you have smaller tires and close to the same weight. Makes sense to me.

I probably not do anything till next week, some other things need to be done around the house right now. Thanks for help any other comments are OK to let me know

Josh, I notice you use name brand components (Super Bell, Wilwood etc.) That is why your kits have so much value. Good thinking!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back