Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Car Show Questions

Usually the local channels will air local events so our club officers are on TV every 6 months for our two shows and of course it is free.

90 seconds is a huge chunck of time, congrats. Just think what the turnout might have been had Sky News picked it up?

Bob

It was many years ago before Mr M (Sky) reared its Head. The vid was repeated 6 times over the evening. Also got a spot on BBC Radio South at the same time.
G

spectators don't get a chance to win anything at races either, but that's not why they're there. they come to see the event.

Russ

Your comparing apples to oranges Russ. A track or coliseum costs how much to build? 2-10 million dollars, maybe more? Spectators have to pay to recover costs. It cost $0 to use the parking lot at your local Ford dealership or at Logans Steak house or to block off some streets downtown. Besides, the spectators still support the even through 50/50 sales, food and drink sales etc. It's win/win for everyone and trust me when I say that the money does not just come from the show cars. I won't pay to see a local car show because I have a family of 5 and that adds up fast. Besides we are talking about small events in small towns usually with around 50-60 cars tops.

Btw Russ, please don't think I am trying to pick on you or anything. :) From a club members standpoint I am just trying to help people understand where and why the costs are what they are.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

We officially have a date set. The show is called the Bumble Rumble. It'll be held in Cleburne, Texas on Saturday, September 3rd.

I do not have any other details, but we are meeting again in two weeks to complete some other details. I'll be sure to post again as soon as I know something/anything further!

Our little town of 4800 people have 2 car shows a year, draw 60 to 125 vehicles, a free [ no entry fee] show, door prizes given by marchants. Dash placqes & trophes made by our school shop class. Open to all vehicles. One is held on a Saturday [ noon to 3 P.M.] The other is held in the evening 5 to 8 P. M. Held on the city square or on a city street. Don't keep them there to long.Good time for everbody attending.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back