Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Chevy block casting number??

clamper

I've been trying find out what block I have in my T. I find plenty of sites that have the numbers but none of them match mine. My block casting number is #3970044. Can anyone tell me what I have to work with or where to find more information.

Thanks,

No problem Clamper, Mortec.com is the place to look up casting numbers.

3970044 is not listed are you sure you got the number right? Look at MorTec's location page, they will show you where to look for the casting number and point out some mistakes that can be made when trying to read them.

I've checked all the sites I can find and my casting number is not listed?The first couple of numbers are hard to distigush possible 38,39, or 33. The last five numbers are 70044 for sure. The stamped numbers on the right forward side of the block are V0329TRJ. I have yet to find either numbers? Will keep looking.:confused:

Thanks,

I am betting you have a 3970014. I have seen this before and the first "1" looks almost like a four. I would check again and really give that first 4 a good looking over to make sure. Just a guess, but I know others have had the same problem.

Duke said:
I am betting you have a 3970014. I have seen this before and the first "1" looks almost like a four. I would check again and really give that first 4 a good looking over to make sure. Just a guess, but I know others have had the same problem.

number....CI ... YEARS ...MAIN

3970014....350...70-76...2 or 4 BOLT

How to tell the ford engines.Size,Years,etc?

Rick said:
How to tell the ford engines.Size,Years,etc?

This site may have the information you're looking for, try page 2 for the casting numbers and page 4 for decoding information.

V = Flint Engine Plant
0329 = March 29th manufacture date
TRJ = 1972 350ci 175hp used in C-20 and C-30 chassis

Thanks for all the information. Should have no problems with the rebuild.

Thanks again,

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back