Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Corviar steering box

just for fun

For the first 10+ years of my T's life all was well. Streets of Tucson were smooth and straight.Then we moved to Valdosta, Georgia. The honeymoon is over. Running a Corviar box on top of the frame. Can't get the slop out of the box! Approx one inch of free play at the wheel. This causes the front to hunt the road when it encounters those unseen ruts made by max loaded Semi's. Starts out as both tires going right-left togeather and if no correction action is taken the ark that the front tires are going in becomes larger! Most of the time I can catch it when it first starts. Moving the car out of these "Ruts" and at the same time letting all the way off the gas-shifting more weight to the front will stop it. Once it get started the only way to stop it is to stop the car!! This is a no shocks front end car that worked till I got here, and still works on good roads. Oh, everything in the front end has been checked for wear. has enyone run into these? Maybe a short shock from the pitman arm to the frame like the 4 wheelers run?

Ron where do I start to thank you? would it be OK to call Monday? I don't want to interupt your weekend. From roundy track days I've ran 1/4 toe out for over 20 years in this car.

1/4 toe should be wearing tires really bad.

just for fun said:
Ron where do I start to thank you? would it be OK to call Monday? I don't want to interupt your weekend. From roundy track days I've ran 1/4 toe out for over 20 years in this car.

Call me tomorrow I'll be in the shop just about all day. "Saturday"

putz said:
1/4 toe should be wearing tires really bad.
Well, after 15+years I finally changed out the front tires because they were getting dry rot cracks. Tread was fine. Had 235X15 (VW) tires on it and couldn't find replacements. running Mickey Thompson's now and am really pleased (except I lost "the look")

RPM
I have the same problem. There is too much play in my steering.
I'm getting ready to put it on the road and I'm afraid to until I get the paly out.
Can you help me?

skipshear said:
RPM
I'm getting ready to put it on the road and I'm afraid to until I get the paly out.
Can you help me?
If you'll call me I'll share what Ron told me! 229-455-3788-Eric

skipshear said:
RPM
Can you help me?

I am not much on typing out instructions. So if you need some help give me a call 865-932-7541 we are here from about 8 in the morning till 10 at night. If you get the answering machine leave a message I WILL CALL you back.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back