Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Crane Cams Back In The News

Good to hear. I hope they regain their place in the market place, used their products for many years and their quality was second to none, Eddie :cool:

Unfortunately, they will have a long row to hoe.

For the last 2-3 years, Crane's customer service had gone into the tank and product availability was terrible. And people were looking elsewhere to find what Crane was no longer able to provide. We were down to using nothing more than Crane's extruded rockers (when we could get them) for customers that could not afford a Jesel rocker system. Since the sale to S&S, we've switched over to Comp's rocker and have had good experiences with them. I'm afraid there is really nothing else I will need to purchase from Crane.

There were 'other issues' that will have some lasting negative effect on their comeback, as well. The high performance aftermarket is a close-knit community and when a company stubs their toe, everyone knows about it within hours. Sometimes it can be a good thing, but it wasn't for Crane.

I've known Chase and dealt with Crane for more years than he or I would care to admit. I wish him the best of luck in this venture.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back