Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Digital gauge panels

Dezolde

I'm considering utilizing a digital gauge panel, Summit or Intellitronix, in my 23T build. I talked to one current user who said he would not do it again as difficult to read in sunlight. Can anyone else share their experience and/or provide recommendations?

Thanks,
Jerry

I went with a five gauge Intellitronix gauge panel. I found a refurbished panel directly through them at less than half the cost with full warranty. However, I have not had my bucket on the road yet to see how the glare, and light diminish the digital read-out. I struggled initially going with the digital gauges, but thought it was a good way to tie the old with the new. I also has the high beam and turn indicators within the panel. So, all I have on my dash is a smoked oval, a nice clean look.

Thanks for your reply Tjbucket, I guess I missed it when you posted and just now noticed.

I was able submit winning E-Bay bid for six gauge Intellitronix panel with chrome bezel and am in the process of installing with Speedway wiring harness in a new car I'm putting together.. I chose the white lighting and curious to see how well the readouts display in the direct sunlight. Single oval does provide a nice clean look.

I'd welcome your feedback on how well yours performs.

Thanks,
Jerry

Yes, another 23T, CCR chassis and stretch body w/ RH door, 383 SBC stroker motor, 700R4 transmission, Jag rear.