Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Do not Buy E-15 Gas

I don't know the money trail on this stuff, but if the farmers are so up on it, let them run it exclusively. Next, 2 cents per gallon savings. If someone is such a tightwad, they will pump the E15, they deserve the consequences. 2 cents/gal at 20 gallons, saves 40 cents, really. I am going to get the gasoline shoppers also, drive 10 miles to save a penny a gallon????, buy 15 gallons, 15 cents. I had better step off the soapbox. My mind is going on a politcal rant and this is not the place. On a positive note, I add a shot of Marine Stabil to all my small engine gas, my older vehicles and any stored gasoline. I tried Sea Foam, but it turns too much trash loose, in the old engines.

I have tried some gasoline with ethanol and it ran through so fast I thought someone had siphoned my gastank, no more. I agree completely with railroad on marine stabil I put it in anything that will sit for over two or three weeks. It will save your lawn mower.

For years now, I have been running non_ethonal in everything that is carbureted. Check out this video for Cars that are 2012 and older. Pay particular attention to the explanation of the separation of the E-15 from the regular gas as it sits in the tanks at Gas Stations. http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2000862202001/
E-15 or E-Whatever is a total joke....You loose you MPG's, all these folks are doing is watering down our fuel supply. Get a car that gets 40 MPG? E-15 lowers it.... so whats the use?
Don't even get me on this rant. Stupidest thing, they even lace the Diesel with this crap.....They were for a while letting us with Diesel trucks know who was selling the reclaimed oil.....that stopped in a hurry.

I just tore apart a carb for my briggs a stratten generator. I ran 10% ethanol fuels in it for years, not anymore, the ethanol attacked the alluminum carb, jets and inner parts. I now run non ethanol fuels in my lawn mower,chainsaw,generator etc. I pay the extra

3 years ago, E-10 was a disaster in my boat....it did a number on the carb and the fuel tank had to be drained. After that, I ran premium gas in the boat and all of my small engines.

The only thing that's going to stop the E-15 devastation is by visiting your elected politicians asap.

A grand total of 5 stations in California selling non-ethanol fuel. That's sad.

My Dad has had a couple go rounds with E10 in his boat. He is too cheap to buy non alky fuel at the marina, but rather brings 5 gallons at a time to dump in the boat tank when he goes out. He has one main tank and two sadle tanks, both saddle tanks had to be dumped because the alky dropped out and would no longer combine with the gas, He doesn't know how long the fuel had been in there, but always keeps the tanks full. I've been told now the thinking has changed and there is evidence that alky fuels still attract water to the inside of the tank even when full. He had an alluminum anti siphon valve fail in the fuel line on the main tank last year. The alky attacked the alluminum and froze the ball and spring in the check valve cutting off fuel to the pump. If you have aluminum lines in your T like speedway sells and run E10, I'd keep an eye on thinks, alluminum fuel cell too. I also hear gas stabilizers don't help much either. That info came from the Stihl saw shop. I wish I could run straight gas in everything but here it is 4.85 a gallon vs 3.27 for e10.

Out in California, You might check your Marinas or small airports for Non-ethonal. I have found some stations carry it and are not listed on that web site. I figure no more than we drive our Cars, it is worth the extra cost. Here in Florida, I pay about 20 cents more than 93 octane and get 90 octane non ethonal.

In the St. Louis area one cannot buy no-ethanol gas anywhere according to the web site posted above. I've been running my engine on E-10 gas for a couple of years and have not had any problems. I believe that any new fuel system items bought in the past 4 or 5 years will be OK with the ethanol. Just my experience so far.

Okay, okay, all this talk about this ethanol laced fuel. How many of you are having trouble with your T-Buckets runnin this stuff? Do most of ya use regular or do ya use the 93 octane?? Use stabil or anything at all?? There are no places in the Dallas/ Ft. Worth area that sells straight gasoline, so I will have to use the E-10 that is here. Lots of hot rods around here, so I'm sure they are running E-10. Is this something I really need to worry about or is this much to do about nuthin???
Thanks

There is evidence that E-10 causes corrosion problems in marine applications and that aluminum fuel lines might be affected. Flex-fuel autos use steel or flexible lines. My neighbor, who owns his own Mercedes repair shop, told me that Mercedes uses flexible lines on their cars so, I'm using fuel hose on my 27T. The typical problem with older, carburated cars was the seal/gasket material. That was dealt with years ago.

The joys of alcohol fuels. Ask any dirt racer about the stuff. Its great fuel from an engine point of view, and its easy to cope with fires because the alky is water soluble. On a race track that is. As a daily driver motor fuel, experience in countries like Brazil prove its a disaster. As a solvent, alky attacks a lot of plastic fittings, and because it's conductive, galvanic corrosion means the leass noble metals in the fuel system like brass and ally become anodes and corrode. Oh, and as Screamin' says, because the calorific value of alcohols is about half that of gasoline you use a lot more of it to achieve the same amount of work.

:( My small engine repair shop also told me that stabil will not work with ethanol fuels. They do sell products for the E fuels, just make sure they don't contain any alcohol as that just adds to the problem. I bought some pure gas oil mix for my chain saw $7.25 a quart. I just run a little through the saw before I put it up for the season.

I don't understand why we need to fuss with refining fuel from corn when we need to get busier getting oil and natural gas from the Baaken deposit up in the Dakotas. Lets put Americans to work at our refineries instead of getting bent over from the Arabs.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back