Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Do not Buy E-15 Gas

:( My small engine repair shop also told me that stabil will not work with ethanol fuels. They do sell products for the E fuels, just make sure they don't contain any alcohol as that just adds to the problem. I bought some pure gas oil mix for my chain saw $7.25 a quart. I just run a little through the saw before I put it up for the season.
Not to bash your shop, but they may not be telling the whole story. Red Stabil probably does not address ethanol issues, but the green marine formula does. The gasoline mix you use is a great solution. VP racing fuel sells a small engine fuel that fire dept and rescue teams use in their equipment.

One thing to remember is to use Alcohol approved parts - Electric fuel pump being one of them.

Not to bash your shop, but they may not be telling the whole story. Red Stabil probably does not address ethanol issues, but the green marine formula does. The gasoline mix you use is a great solution. VP racing fuel sells a small engine fuel that fire dept and rescue teams use in their equipment.
A few years ago, my FD went to VP fuel because we were tired of our saws not starting and running well with E10 fuels at emergencies.

Have not had a problem with the E10 in the bucket or other small engines around the place but use the marine stabil in all of them. Tried running E85 once in my flex fuel F150 mileage dropped by 30% and power dropped by probably more. So saving the buck a gallon did not do me any favors.

Well, its the same thing along with all the jobs they sent away, they want to water the fuel supply down and design motors to run on that crap. Well,
Methanol attracts water like a magnet does steel. It'll seperate after standing awhile.
Whomever came up with this crap ought to not be in politics anymore. we ought to fire all of them till they start doing right. That said, there are some ways to combat this crap in the fuel, like mix in agents. Its used as a filler in the fuel. You can add some 101 or some preminum....octane boosters. When you start that, they might as well left the fuel expensive....

To run Alky, You gotta burn alot more of it to get the same power that a gallon of gas has. Oh, Like 1 1/3 gallons worth, roughly....Thats why you have to run such big jets.... it burns so much cooler.
Diesels are fired by heat and compression, thats what does not make any sense....

OK, Boss...,no more politics. BSD ROCKS! Got away from windows.....All hail to the Unix and Linux Gods!

What I have been doing on these small engines is, when you are ready to shut it off, turn of the fuel. Most all of these engine have a fuel shut off. Shut off the fuel and let it run the carb dry and just about as it is about to die close the choke to help suck any remaining fuel out of the carb.

What I have been doing on these small engines is, when you are ready to shut it off, turn of the fuel. Most all of these engine have a fuel shut off. Shut off the fuel and let it run the carb dry and just about as it is about to die close the choke to help suck any remaining fuel out of the carb.
Good move. This used to be standard procedure on outboard motors. They always seem to fire right up, next use. I would still recommend something in the tank, even with 10% ethanol.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back