Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Does my BUM look big in this color

Gerry

After painting the body in yellow I thought I would go the whole hog and try the chassis in Yellow.
fat end3.JPG
fat end1.JPG fat end2.JPG

So does it look fat. Remember I hold the strings to everything you do. heard that before.... haven't you.
Gerry

After painting the body in yellow I thought I would go the whole hog and try the chassis in Yellow.
[attachment=4397:fat end3.JPG]
[attachment=4395:fat end1.JPG] [attachment=4396:fat end2.JPG]

So does it look fat. Remember I hold the strings to everything you do. heard that before.... haven't you.
Gerry
I like the look but as you can see i'm partial to the color.
Picture0461600x1200.jpg

You have your own bum???? I guess it keeps them off the street corners :foottap: anyway.... I'm not sure what he has to do with your car but I like the yellow paint job.

Russ

The really nice thing I like about you chosing yellow is that it will really show off the
engineering that went into your car. Yellow is a very photogenic color. Easy to take detail shots of. You just know this car is going to get some ink in a mag sometime soon. The judges will like it too!!

Ron

Went it comes to colour, to each his own, you are the one that has to clean it and look at it everyday, all that road dirt - oil and grime, I myself hate to see it, but I hate to clean it even more-so.. But, when you have your own Bum, you can have him clean it... hehe :foottap:

Went it comes to colour, to each his own, you are the one that has to clean it and look at it everyday, all that road dirt - oil and grime, I myself hate to see it, but I hate to clean it even more-so.. But, when you have your own Bum, you can have him clean it... hehe :foottap:

OK OK OK
Bum over here is what we call our butt. Its not a person of freedom and tax-less existence
G

The really nice thing I like about you chosing yellow is that it will really show off the
engineering that went into your car. Yellow is a very photogenic color. Easy to take detail shots of. You just know this car is going to get some ink in a mag sometime soon. The judges will like it too!!

Ron

The UK mag for rods is already on my case. Not sure yet if i want it in a mag, though
G

Gerry, anything you do meets with my approval. You are a premier builder in my book.

I did vote for the red, but the yellow shows off your unique and well executed designs well.

Let's see, my car is a year from being finished and yet I have this tiny grouping of little grey cells that tells me some mag would be interested in featuring my car someday. Oh the arrogance - me thinking my car might be worthy of a some mag shots. Frankly, I don't see where being featured in a magazine would enhance the quality of my life unless I were in the trade. I'm not. I do have a coule of ideas for new rodding products and were I to pursue those ideas I might welcome some good press. However, I'm sure no high end builder. I am as usual, a tad suspicious that being featured as a player in the trade as I think it means you can get your car or product or business featured if you play ball with the magazine with donations or contributions or just good old Chicago politics. I think I see this on more than a few of the pages of Street Rodder. Magazines make money featuring cars that they have paid nothng to get. Car owners should be paid to have their cars featured. The same goes for car shows. Promoters should pay you to display your car - afterall they're charging others to look at it.

Gents, you're great listeners and Gerry, my apoligies, I hope I haven't blown your thread too far off course.

Having spent a lot of time in Canada and a little time in England, I knew about the bum. Shall we tell'em about tickets, lollies, bickies and poofters?

Gerry, anything you do meets with my approval. You are a premier builder in my book.

I did vote for the red, but the yellow shows off your unique and well executed designs well.

Let's see, my car is a year from being finished and yet I have this tiny grouping of little grey cells that tells me some mag would be interested in featuring my car someday. Oh the arrogance - me thinking my car might be worthy of a some mag shots. Frankly, I don't see where being featured in a magazine would enhance the quality of my life unless I were in the trade. I'm not. I do have a coule of ideas for new rodding products and were I to pursue those ideas I might welcome some good press. However, I'm sure no high end builder. I am as usual, a tad suspicious that being featured as a player in the trade as I think it means you can get your car or product or business featured if you play ball with the magazine with donations or contributions or just good old Chicago politics. I think I see this on more than a few of the pages of Street Rodder. Magazines make money featuring cars that they have paid nothng to get. Car owners should be paid to have their cars featured. The same goes for car shows. Promoters should pay you to display your car - afterall they're charging others to look at it.

Gents, you're great listeners and Gerry, my apoligies, I hope I haven't blown your thread too far off course.

Having spent a lot of time in Canada and a little time in England, I knew about the bum. Shall we tell'em about tickets, lollies, bickies and poofters?

Im with you all the way. Mags feature your car then sell it on to other publications. Not being a prema dona here but its my hard work and money so a return for that is not being off the wall. I have already had stickers made with copyright on them which will be placed on the windscreen. I know of a guy who had a Xmas card sent to him with a picture of his T on it. No credit, no permission asked and certainly no payment. I have been caught in the past with one of my cars being used on a TV advert for a show. When i got to the gate they tried to charge me for entry. I turned around and came home.
I build for the pleasure and because I LOVE Ts but that does not mean others should profit from me.

Lets tell them about Lorries. *Trucks in the USA. LOL
Gerry

I'm not sure of this, but I think in the fine print somwwhere in entry forms for organizations like HSRA or Good Guys or ??, is wording to the effect you forego your rights regarding the use of photos taken of your car. I think those rights are claimed by the event sponsor or arganization and they are free to sell them or use them in adverstsing. I do recall something to that effect on a NHRA National event entry some yeras back.

Obviously, if you're in a show or event, you can't prevent spectators from taking pix. One of the reasons youi're there is to show off your car.

There has to be some disclaimer that allows photos of your car to be published as there is a potential liability for doing so without your consent especially if it shows your license number that can be easily read.

If the mood strikes, someone might look into this and advise. Or, ask your association, be it NSRA or Good Guys or ??
You shouldn't have to do my homework for me but this week I'm really busy..... How busy are you? Man. I busier than a pair of jumper cables at a Puerto Rican wedding.

I'm not sure of this, but I think in the fine print somwwhere in entry forms for organizations like HSRA or Good Guys or ??, is wording to the effect you forego your rights regarding the use of photos taken of your car. I think those rights are claimed by the event sponsor or arganization and they are free to sell them or use them in adverstsing. I do recall something to that effect on a NHRA National event entry some yeras back.

Obviously, if you're in a show or event, you can't prevent spectators from taking pix. One of the reasons youi're there is to show off your car.

There has to be some disclaimer that allows photos of your car to be published as there is a potential liability for doing so without your consent especially if it shows your license number that can be easily read.

If the mood strikes, someone might look into this and advise. Or, ask your association, be it NSRA or Good Guys or ??
You shouldn't have to do my homework for me but this week I'm really busy..... How busy are you? Man. I busier than a pair of jumper cables at a Puerto Rican wedding.

Not sure if UK and US are the same but.
Any public viewing of your ride means that people can take pics as much as they like BUT only for their own use. Now with a meet and the various organizers I am not 100% sure but I feel certain that they can NOT sell on pics of your car for use in NON show things. That is they can use a picture of or including your car to promote or report on the show, but thats it. They cant sell it to GOP GO Racing parts or whoever for a cut of their income. Its not their intellectual property.
One of the reasons you put Copyright 2010 (or whatever year its claimed in) is to predate other copyright issues. Copyright means you have a way of redressing use of your property (artwork, words, designs etc)for profit by others who have not asked or got your approval or permission.

Either way my T will have a sticker on it to the effect of
Images digital or otherwise can not be used without prior permission from Gerry Rogers
Copyright 2009.

I will argue the point when and if it happens.

gerry

Gerry, As you can see in many places my car likeness is used, whether it is a photo or a black silhouette, like here.. :) But I never did copy protect it... stupid on my part, heck speedway also used pics of it in their cat, plus chassis pics... Live and BITCH! hehe PS, they say copying is a form of flattery, but that will not put any bucks in your pocket... Even the Block hugger headers which I came up with while managing AA years back, were taken and made by almost every header Co. around... They only cost $13 in the box, plated, back then, and sold for $99 and MORE!

Gerry, As you can see in many places my car likeness is used, whether it is a photo or a black silhouette, like here.. :winkn: But I never did copy protect it... stupid on my part, heck speedway also used pics of it in their cat, plus chassis pics... Live and BITCH! hehe PS, they say copying is a form of flattery, but that will not put any bucks in your pocket... Even the Block hugger headers which I came up with while managing AA years back, were taken and made by almost every header Co. around... They only cost $13 in the box, plated, back then, and sold for $99 and MORE!

Ted
I know that feeling. probably why we are not on Bondi beach with a stable of rides waiting back in our 23 roomed Ranch
Gerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back