Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

E-Mail Addresses

Mike

I bring this up from time to time, but then it seems everyone forgets about it.

I NEED YOUR CORRECT E-MAIL ADDRESS ON YOUR USER ACCOUNT!!!!

I have no idea why this has to be such an ongoing problem around here, but it is.

1. We take matters of privacy very seriously. If you do not want your e-mail address displayed to others, it isn't. I can see it, but I'm not in the business of giving away addresses, so it's safe.

2. If you register an account for this site, you're not quite finished when you think you are. When you submit your registration, the forum software sends the e-mail address you registered a message. There is a link in that message. You need to click on that link, within 7 days, in order to activate your account. Supply me with a phony e-mail address and the message bounces. Henceforth, you can count on one thing. If I see any new registrations with a bogus e-mail, the account is going to be deleted from the database within 5 minutes of me seeing the bounced message. Yeah, I know. I'm an asshole.

3. When someone sends you a Private Message, you get an e-mail message to notify you of that PM. If your address is borked, guess who gets the e-mail sent to him? The asshole that runs this place, that's who. So your Private Message suddenly isn't so private any longer, is it?

4. When I get bounced e-mails from Private Messages, your account is going to be modified.
EIPtuningR32 is today's victim. When it happens, you will no longer be able to post to the forums, to vote in polls, to use the Private Messaging system, to access the Gallery or to access the Classifieds script. If you want to get your normal privileges restored, send me an e-mail from a valid, WORKING e-mail address and I'll switch your permissions back. It appears EIPtuningR32's inbox is full on his e-mail account, but that still caused the bounce. Clean out the inbox and I'll restore your privileges.

We had a new registration yesterday. The username on the account is Jorez. He registered with a Gmail address that does not exist. In five more days, the database will bin his account because he never confirmed the bogus address. Jorez, if you read this, the clock is running on you. You need to log into your account, edit your e-mail address and notify me, so I can get you a new confirmation code sent. Otherwise, your account is headed down the plughole.

If you need to send me an e-mail, you need to pay attention. The domain of this site is tbucketeers.com and you will need to address your e-mail to webmaster at that domain.

Quite frankly, when I see people registering with invalid e-mail addresses, my first thought is it is just another spammer trying to slip onto the site. I suppose it could be a simple typo, but bogus registration e-mails scream spammer at me. And I think most of you know how I feel about spam on my sites.

DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR - TAKE TWO MINUTES TO VERIFY YOUR REGISTERED E-MAIL ADDRESS WORKS AS IT SHOULD.

Mine's good............

Mike

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back