Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Edelbrock leaking from plugs in the body

23 T 4sp

9BF91226-B082-4468-BC00-88586309EE8F.jpeg Here are some pictures of my 1 year old card carb. Been having trouble with it for a year. Looks like one bottom plug is leaking and the one in the side.
The drivers side intake had a lot of gas sitting in it after going to a show coming home and running it with the gas shut off until the psi was 1 lb or less. I normally have the pressure at 3 lbs. the floats are set right. May have to go with another brand. This carb runs great ! It just has this problem . 87B73A03-4C30-46EE-A8C0-4EDDAE09BD19.jpeg

Maybe pull the plugs, seal them, and reinstall. Have you contacted Edelbrock about the issue? I have several of those carbs and have used them for a long time. Everyone will go dry if I leave the vehicle sit for a while, which most do. I bet it’s a common issue. Over all, I like them. They run good and are simple to tune.

It’s older than I thought. 4/11/2019. Less than 100 miles on it. About 25 years ago I had an edelbrock and a Carter. No problems with them ever. This one has tested my patience. Not trying make them look bad
just not happy with it. Today’s gasoline does not help
at all. Just sent them an email explaining what’s wrong.

Had a leak on one of the bungs on my gas tank. Used JB Weld on it 9 years ago and no more leak. I would have to pull the body to re-weld it and that wasn't going to happen.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back