Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Electric Fan Thermostat/relay kit.

Whats best to get?
v8 350

Electric Fan Thermostat/relay kit.

Whats best to get?
v8 350
I just installed a Ron Francis kit in my Ford 302. Comes on at 200 shuts off at 185 give or take 5 degrees either way according to the SW mechanical temp gauge.

Check out the PAC-2700 from Dakota Digital. Runs one or two fans, individual programmable on/off temps, cool-down timer. I have the older PAC-2000. Couple pointers: get the power for the PAC-2700 from a dedicated fuse, don't use the same one that powers the fans; spikes can confuse the controller. And if you use a dedicated temp sensor (I do), use Teflon tape on it's threads and run a ground wire from the sensor back to the controller. Ground currents thru the engine block and grounding system can also confuse the controller.

The SPAL FAN-PWM-V3 looks interesting; it controls the fan speed in response to temp.

Is there no way you can run an engine powered fan?? They say, where theres a will theres a way.. I really like them best myself personally... But now days maybe there is a better way for more air in very slow traffic for long periods of time... :)

I took a hot rod plumbing class this weekend and during the cooling portion we were shown the SPAL PWM controller and fan. Both looked like real nice pieces

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back