Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Face color of gauges

ronhallam

Hi, since the dash gauges on a T-Bucket are more than likely going to be in the Sun or bright light most often, which gauge face color works best? Black or white?
And if using digital gauges does the Sun make them hard to read? :tnku:

Hi, since the dash gauges on a T-Bucket are more than likely going to be in the Sun or bright light most often, which gauge face color works best? Black or white?

I actually went with the Autometer Ultra Light II gauges that are white during the day and black at night. Best of both worlds.

Ultra light II

I had white face gauges for the first three years, then switched to black face for the last two years. I switched because the white didn't look as good as black with my new paint job. I can't say there was any noticeable difference between the two in terms of being able to see them, daylight or night.

I have both colors and I don't notice any difference between the amount of visibility. I would say get the color that suits your car.

Jeff

Only got one gauge on mine. A speedo and that white (Its legally required here otherwise!!!!)

Gerry

Mine are the tan "vintage" face.

born to be wild,
Russ

Mine are the tan "vintage" face.

born to be wild,
Russ

Same here...no issue with glare. Did have some fog up issue during a rainstorm though!

I actually bought the gauges first and matched the column paint color and the upholstery color to it. I figured this would be a lot easier than trying to match gauges to the upholstery!
DSCF0324.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back