Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

flatty with 4bbl

old8ba

Hi guys im wondering if anyone here has put a 390 holley or other 4bbl on a stock flatty. im not looking for a dramatic increase but a bit more for the hills around here :confused:
The car is pretty heavy and runs std 3speed and 3.90 diff.

I the motor wasnt run for 35years (i thought it was 20yrs) good oil pressure at 50lb

in my opinion OHV,s seem to respond a bit better to such mods in a heavy car My T goes good with a flatty as its light

any help appreciated cheers Dave

http://www.tbucketeers.com/forum/f18/not-t-but-53-a-4355/index4.html

Other than igntion mods the 4bbl is the most appreicable upgrade you can do to a stock flatty. That old motor will surprise you.

Ron

thanks Ron thats the answer i was waiting for ;):lol:
I will purchase a 390cfm im sure the 600 vac sec I have would be a bit large for my stocky?????

That stock distributor on your flatty will work but if you can swing an eleronic one like Speedway sells for $200, you will see a big performance in crease from that alone.

Ron

old8ba said:
Hi guys im wondering if anyone here has put a 390 holley or other 4bbl on a stock flatty. im not looking for a dramatic increase but a bit more for the hills around here :confused:
The car is pretty heavy and runs std 3speed and 3.90 diff.

I the motor wasnt run for 35years (i thought it was 20yrs) good oil pressure at 50lb

in my opinion OHV,s seem to respond a bit better to such mods in a heavy car My T goes good with a flatty as its light

any help appreciated cheers Dave

http://www.tbucketeers.com/forum/f18/not-t-but-53-a-4355/index4.html

Should be great.....got a Offy Intake????? I'll ask a few of my friends over at the HAMB boards what they like to run.........got a friend thats all he does is deal with the flatties.............:cool:

The guys over at the HAMB said they mostly run 3x2's, 2x2's, 4x2's. 8x1's, 4x1's and alot of other varations.....yes....they've run the single 4 with pretty good success, though they like the multiple carb setups........the ign. will give you a nice increase along with reliability.........

Anything else above a small 4bbl., your gonna need a cam, some headers.....I know theres a bunch of really healthy flatheads running around out there.....and there's plenty of parts............

You can runn 2x2's very sucessfully on a stock motor. But if you want a basiclly trouble free set up, the 4bbl is the way to go. After the distributor and carb up grades look at adding twice pipes. Again Speedway has a pair of tube headers for about $140 bucks. Stock flatties always respond well to ignition and intake and exhaust mods.

Ron

thanks again guys for the replys i run headers ,smitthys and dual 2" and I run tripples on my T on the 8ba with a fair bit of other work i was tossing up whether its worth putting the 4bbl and offy on .I did say i wouldnt touch the motor this time though;):lol::lol:

this is my T

IMG_2277.jpg

OH HELL NO!!!!!!! Don't touch that! Now thats a sweet ride!. (My favorite all time thing is to set up those for the blown Nostalgia racers........I absolutely love the sound of a healthy flathead with a 6-71 on it......old style of course!):lol::wacky:

O8BA.......Don't show me pics like that.......Gonna have a coronary!!!!!!! HeeHee...........those are some sweet rides.........Are you the mayor of Sidney or what???????Ha!:lol::lol: ( To have the time for building those.......)

Now, THAT is what Roddin' is all about!!!!!!!:D:D:D

I cant help myself I bought a basket 34 p/up body and chassi about 12mths ago
im doing it to myself again shortly when i finish the cusso :D:):)

its the only sport/hobby that keeps a smile on me dial :D:D

i think im finished but im not is there a phobia name for it

like nymphomaniac only different :eek::lol:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back