Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Fred's Fun Run

I have heard rumors that on Thursday evening there will be a cruise from the Outback restaurant. Friday is breakfast at the Outback, then a cruise to the Tombstone silver mine, a mine tour there, and then a burger-burn. Saturday is the normal car show, poker run and lipstick run. We (four T's) are leaving San Diego on Monday. We're going to spend Tue and Wed in Tucson and then come down to Sierra Vista on Thursday morning. See you there.

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

I'm going. I got weather on my side for the upcoming Fred's Fun Run in Sierra Vista, Arizona. Today in NorCal it is low 50's and light rain, but forcast for Wednesday, departure day, it will be 77 and clear. For Thursday, 2nd leg departure day in SoCal, it will be clear and in the low 90's. Arrival at Sierra Vista Thursday will be clear and mid 80's. Sometimes we just get lucky.

Bob

Jeff,

Got my room reservations on Saturday (for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday) and will be leaving NorCal for SoCal Wednesday. Leaving SoCal Thrusday and Mapquest says..... Your trip is 8 hours 4 minutes / 534.16 miles, so should arrive SV just before dark. Look forward to seeing you again.

Bob

Made it to SoCal, hit rush hour traffic and it was in the mid 90's. I thought this was November ? I sure wish I had a 6 speed double overdrive. 3000 RPMs gets old on a 500 mile leg. At 75+ MPH, fuel mileage was only 18 MPG. Drop thoses RPMs down to 1800, and I'm sure 25 MPG would be possible not to mention how much nicer cruising at 75 MPH @ 1800 would be.

Bob

Made it to SoCal, hit rush hour traffic and it was in the mid 90's. I thought this was November ? I sure wish I had a 6 speed double overdrive. 3000 RPMs gets old on a 500 mile leg. At 75+ MPH, fuel mileage was only 18 MPG. Drop thoses RPMs down to 1800, and I'm sure 25 MPG would be possible not to mention how much nicer cruising at 75 MPH @ 1800 would be.

Bob

Good job Bob we are half way there so come on down.............See you this afternoon I suspect...

I just posted a couple of posters from Fred's Fun Run in Sierra Vista last weekend........in my gallery look at the Fun we had.........I would much rather cruise than park at a 6 or 7 hour show......JMHO............

Mike

I just posted a couple of posters from Fred's Fun Run in Sierra Vista last weekend........in my gallery look at the Fun we had.........I would much rather cruise than park at a 6 or 7 hour show......JMHO............

Mike
I agree, rather cruise than park. I checked out your posters, I'm guessing I missed a lot of Ts hiding in the covered trailers, but as you could see, I'm getting old and grey and my xray vision just isn't working anymore.

Bob

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back