Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Front spindle mount wire wheel ID and info?

diztroy

Hey everybody, I need some help....I'm trying to find some 18" spindle mount wire wheels for my project. I've seen this style (pic below) used on a lot of buckets, but I can't seem to find who makes it or what its off of. If anybody has any idea's I'd really like to hear them! :)

Here's a good picture I found.... notice where the spokes attach is smaller round on the outside of the hub then on the inside (near the rotor).

Are they off a motorcycle or are they aftermarket?

2503633_21_full.jpg

diztroy said:
Hey everybody, I need some help....I'm trying to find some 18" spindle mount wire wheels for my project. I've seen this style (pic below) used on a lot of buckets, but I can't seem to find who makes it or what its off of. If anybody has any idea's I'd really like to hear them! :)

Here's a good picture I found.... notice where the spokes attach is smaller round on the outside of the hub then on the inside (near the rotor).

Are they off a motorcycle or are they aftermarket?

2503633_21_full.jpg

They are by Hallcraft... went out of business... :(

I swear I answered this somewhere but seems to be happening a lot to me lately! Total performance has parts to rebuild the calipers "Airhart 150"

airheart_150_series_brake.jpg

but most people are using the larger 175's now.

120-1064D.jpg

They also have rotors and polished stainless steel rotors as well that fit your wire wheels.

DB206.jpg
drilled_rotor_installed.jpg

Total Performance had Dayton wheels make a new wire wheel... looks a little different but is much stronger wheel than the original hallcraft ones.

0702904.jpg

Hope that helps!

Al

Those are the ones on my car and yes they are a lot beefier.Also go with the 175's

Thanks for the info! I'd like to find a set of them, because I really like the look of the smaller hub of the Hallcrafts, but I might just have to get the Daytons if I can't find a set. I wonder how much extra Dayton would charge to lace up to a 18" rim. It seems T performance only sells them in a 16" ?

Are there any other options out there? Maybe I could adapt a Harley hub?

diztroy said:
Thanks for the info! I'd like to find a set of them, because I really like the look of the smaller hub of the Hallcrafts, but I might just have to get the Daytons if I can't find a set. I wonder how much extra Dayton would charge to lace up to a 18" rim. It seems T performance only sells them in a 16" ?

Are there any other options out there? Maybe I could adapt a Harley hub?
The old style Harley is a 16" wheel.With the 16 from Total it is made to there specs and the spokes are 3/16 round as opposed to 1/8 on the 18's just a thought.The larger spoke dia. doesn't have the wheel drift that the 18 with 1/8" spokes do.

Well... looks like NTQC, a North Texas Corporation has acquired the assets of Hallcraft Industries. NTQC is comprised of a group of private investors including Erin Rucker of Rucker Performance... you might try calling them and see if they will build them for ya...

HallCraft Industries’
1702 FM 1201
Moss Lake Rd.
Gainesville, TX 76240

Office: (940) 612-3122
FAX: (940) 612-3133
EMAIL: info@hall-crafts.com

Rick said:
The old style Harley is a 16" wheel.With the 16 from Total it is made to there specs and the spokes are 3/16 round as opposed to 1/8 on the 18's just a thought.The larger spoke dia. doesn't have the wheel drift that the 18 with 1/8" spokes do.

Also the new Dayton wheels feature:

Stainless steel spokes - TWICE the strength of chrome plated steel

Four layer nickel chrome plating

Sealed and guaranteed tubeless

Perma-true construction - spokes will NEVER need retruing or re-tightening

I have to agree, I liked the looks of the Hallcraft, but had issues with 2 sets of them (kept breaking spokes) so gave them away (both sets for 100 bucks with tires) and went with the new Dayton's... have not had a single problem...

Al, what size tire are you running on the Daytons? I assume they will mount the Airharts, right?

Ron

Youngster said:
Al, what size tire are you running on the Daytons? I assume they will mount the Airharts, right?

Ron

Yep they will work... this is what I'm running:
120-1064D.jpg

As for tires... I run motorcycle REAR tires as they have a flatter profile and are generaly beefier... As for the tire, I run a Metzler ME880 160/90x16

FrontTire.jpg

Now I didn't have time to clean it up... so it's exactly as it is! :eek:

Thanks for the information everybody! It cleared up a lot of things for me. :lol:

If anyone wants to know I contacted Dayton about making an 18" spindle mount wire wheel and this is what they had to say,

Thank you for your interest in our products. The Total
Performance spindle mount wheel is only available as a 16x3.5".
Unfortunately because of the load requirements we can not build this
wheel in any other sizes.

Now if I don't find a set of Hallcrafts I need to decide if I I want to run the 16" Dayton wires or maybe the 12 spoke 18"s T performance sells.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back