Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

frt wheel wobble

deckofficer

Banned
I just found a characterist of my Track-T I'm not too fond of..... While driving at about 10 mph on the most bumpy road in the county, my front wheels started oscilatting like lug nuts shook lose. This wasn't the case but I'm trying produce a visual for some one who could suggest what might have happened. It did it twice on this section of road but has never done it at faster speeds, as I imagine the gyroscopic forces from the wheels and tires prevents it. Any ideas?

Attachments

• DSC00884 (600 x 450).jpg
    DSC00884 (600 x 450).jpg
    93 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC00885 (600 x 450).jpg
    DSC00885 (600 x 450).jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 42
Are your shocks on the same brackets as your headlights?

They may be flexing. Can you drive the same road at night with the lights on to if those brackets are the problem?

If they're chromed steel look for cracks in the chrome. If they're aluminum they may have bent.

Or, it could be what my wife thinks happens to her car...... a horsepower stuck in the gas line.

I just found a characterist of my Track-T I'm not too fond of..... While driving at about 10 mph on the most bumpy road in the county, my front wheels started oscilatting like lug nuts shook lose. This wasn't the case but I'm trying produce a visual for some one who could suggest what might have happened. It did it twice on this section of road but has never done it at faster speeds, as I imagine the gyroscopic forces from the wheels and tires prevents it. Any ideas?

Hi
My old T did this on a regular basis, every 12 months or so. Everytime it was worn kingpins. Got so I could replace them including the reaming in about 40 mins. It ran a transverse spring and straight tube axle
Gerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back