Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Gas lines

I ran a 3/8" steel line along the frame, with rubber lines between that and the tank and fuel pump.

All of mine are stainless steel braided. If I were to redo, I'd use the fabric braided ones which are easier to assemble and won't chew up everything they touch.

Earls, again.

I used 3/8" aluminum tubing with 3/8" stainless flex at either end along with AN fittings.

Jim

Stainless steel braided

I'm using an-6 braided (not the s/s) hose

I used 3/8 steel to run after the tank to the front running the length of the frame rail. Then AN#6 stainless steel braided to the tank and pump with Earls ends. I put a shut off valve on the bottom of the tank, a simple ball brass ball valve, and an inline filter between the tank and hard line.

3/8" line. Time tested.

could have come from inside the starter . grease or oil melting from over heating .

As my lines are running inside the tank perch, I had to resort to some rubber line from the tank feed to the reserve tank in the bottom corner of the body. I went for some Ethanol proof stuff. I couldn't believe how expensive it was for around 4' of it. Over 25 bucks for that one little piece. There was just not enough room for a fitting to use SS braided. Only place on the car that doesn't

The fuel line setup on my car is rather simple. As you can see in the attached photo I used 3/8" stainless flex from the tank to a fuel filter then a 3/8" aluminum line to a 3/8" stainless flex to within a few inches of the fuel pump.

Jim

As my lines are running inside the tank perch, I had to resort to some rubber line from the tank feed to the reserve tank in the bottom corner of the body. I went for some Ethanol proof stuff. I couldn't believe how expensive it was for around 4' of it. Over 25 bucks for that one little piece. There was just not enough room for a fitting to use SS braided. Only place on the car that doesn't

I recently had to replace the fuel lines on my truck and used nylon rather than steel for corrosion resistance. Once you purchase the kit to press the fittings in, it's relatively inexpensive and resists all fuels. There are also numerous connection options, quick disconnects, etc. Just an FYI.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back