Gemmer steering box

fletcherson

image.jpg2_zpsqixyivux.jpg

image.jpg5_zpskbooyd7v.jpg
image.jpg3_zpsfw5lcabv.jpg
image.jpg7_zpsecite6op.jpg
image.jpg6_zpsiaan6yb2.jpg
image.jpg4_zpsfww3yiyu.jpg
Gemmer steering box, chrome pitman arm, four spoke steering wheel, column tube, shaft was cut to modify, could be welded back. This was on my '23 set up for traditional mid cab steer, push, pull drag link. Nothing wrong with it, tight box. I just changed to a different setup.

I have no idea where it originated. It was on my bucket as a mid cab steering setup when I bought it. I looked up " Gemmer" and there are many variations, wasn't much help to me. I had moved it forward under the floor into the cowl area and it would have worked fine. I elected to switch because I wanted to use a tilt column and have all of the switches on it, so it was easier for me to go with a vega style box.

Gemmer made steering boxes for Ford f100's in the '50s , from what I've heard , the ones w/a pinch bolt on the steering arm are '56 or newer...
dave

That's something you don't see very often; a genuine shaped (repro??) T column and wheel spider. Though about doint the same squashed out to mine. V Cool.
G

That's something you don't see very often; a genuine shaped (repro??) T column and wheel spider. Though about doint the same squashed out to mine. V Cool.
G
It's old, the car was built in 77 but I doubt it's an original. I wanted to use it, but I had enough fish to fry without manufacturing a adapter for the telescoping column, so I sold out and bought aftermarket. It may just end up on the wall of my den with a couple others that are collecting dust. Gotta keep the wife happy!

Not sure anyone back then did repro ones. May just be the real thing. Looks correct with the quadrants like that.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back