Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hats off to tfeverfred.

donsrods

I don't know if he posted this on here or not, I may have missed it, but our tfeverfred deserves the goodguy of the year award. He was responsible for putting together a little car show at the Houston VA hospital to show some of the guys there a little bit of happiness for a while. Fred evidently spends some time there talking with the guys, and he got a few other rodders together to do this event.

I've always been impressed with you Fred, and this sure moves you up quite a few more notches on the pole. Good job bud. :):):lol::)

Don

It's the quiet ones you have to look out for. Sometimes they will jump up and surprise you with heroics like this. I'm sure their are a bunch of very happy vets in Houston. There should be more Freds out there. Thanks Fred, from a vet. Steve, USAF retired.

:):hooray::lol::hooray::hooray::hooray:

ATTA BOY FRED!!!!!!!

I'm gonna take your lead, and see if the club I belong to will do the same thing

Vance

I'm going to take the liberty of posting some pictures from Freds big day at the VA. Hope you don't mind Fred.

The looks on the faces of the guys in the background speaks volumes. :):)

Don

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a7.jpg

a8.jpg

a9.jpg

Thanks Don. I put a story about the visit in my photo journal. It was really quite an experience. Hearing the stories and seeing the looks on faces as memories returned. The guys who were able to make it with there cars, didn't really know what to expect. But once the people started to come around and ask questions and thank us, it all came together. In the last pic you posted, the one gentleman remarked that the car sure brought back memories. That was one of two moments that really got to me. The other was talking to a WWII vet who was at Saipan and then Iwo Jima. For those that may not know, those two battles took a lot of lives. To hear him tell his account not only put a shiver up my spine, but it also made me smile knowing that I was talking to a hero.

I'm a vet and have been a patient at the VA hospital. I knew how boring and drab a day there can be, so adding a pleasant deversion wasn't even a thought. I knew I HAD to do it.

I thank a vet every chance I get without them We wouldn't be able to enjoy our passion.My grandfather died in the Va hospital at 84. I remember them just sitting around playing cards and watching television. Something like this sparks there youth.

tfeverfred said:
I'm a vet and have been a patient at the VA hospital. I knew how boring and drab a day there can be, so adding a pleasant deversion wasn't even a thought. I knew I HAD to do it.

Thanks Fred :D

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back