Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Heater

ford4ever

Hi Jim, (Ex Junk) if I remember correctly, you have a heater in your car? could you post some pictures
of the heater itself, how you mounted it and ran the lines to the motor? I would like to put one in mine,
but don't know how it would look.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

You are correct about me having a heater in my T, Mark. I got it from Summit and I glassed two wood strips to the underside of the cowl and the attached the heater to them using the supplied brackets. I routed the heater hoses down over the lower radiator hose so that they are virtually invisible to the casual observer. Check out the pictures below.

This is looking up from the driver side floor.

This is looking up from the passenger side floor.

This is looking up from the trans tunnel.

Looking straight on it is out of view.

The hoses.

Since you are a Ford guy, your hoses might be different but I hope that these photos will help.

Jim

Wow that is so beautiful! I might have some questions for you as I go along. thanks for the reply!

Mark

Its always nice to see more pics Jim.

I am considering a 12v electric heater for mine, I have found some that should do the trick, I just need to get around to picking one up. I have a cigarette lighter jack I installed under the cowl that I will use to power it.

Its always nice to see more pics Jim.

I am considering a 12v electric heater for mine, I have found some that should do the trick, I just need to get around to picking one up. I have a cigarette lighter jack I installed under the cowl that I will use to power it.

Hope you have a good alternator!

Keeper, make sure the wiring to your "cigarette lighter" plug is heavy enough. I'm pretty sure an electric heater is going to draw a fair amount of current!

I have an electric jacket liner, works great when I'm on the bike in chilly weather!

I have one of those heaters in the 32. Works too good. However in a roadster I think you will get more benefit from seat heaters. My wife has BMW Z and the seat heaters really work well in cool weather with the top down.

I put seat heaters in my '27. They work surprisingly well and were really easy to wire in. I have a custom bench, but there are two seat heaters that have both butt and back elements. Each side of the seat has a small switch in the kick panel with a high/low/off. I've only used them a few times, but my girlfriend loves them on the cool mornings. I don't have any aversion to a heater like Ex Junk's, but I was too far down the road on my build when I realized that I needed something for my significant other. Mine were from Speedway.

I put seat heaters in my '27. They work surprisingly well and were really easy to wire in. I have a custom bench, but there are two seat heaters that have both butt and back elements. Each side of the seat has a small switch in the kick panel with a high/low/off. I've only used them a few times, but my girlfriend loves them on the cool mornings. I don't have any aversion to a heater like Ex Junk's, but I was too far down the road on my build when I realized that I needed something for my significant other. Mine were from Speedway.
You could hit the pick a part and get them too.
dirt t

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back