Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello From BobJ

bobj

Hello Everyone: I'm a 55 year old electrician living in Indianapolis,In. I have wanted one of these little street rods for well over thirty years. Congratulations to those of you who already have yours or are in the process of building one. For me it will probably be another year or two before I can start mine. I guess the good thing is I have accumulated a lot of information over the years and thanks to forums like this one we can all share our information and help each other. It might be a while before I can start mine but you can bet I'll be ready to start when my time comes.
Thanks for the forum: BobJ

Welcome abord Bob we were all there at one time just sit back take in the talk here and get ready for the plunge like Thomas did he should have most of his car nowMan he will be out of control when it hits his house. Again welcome abord

Glad you could join us, Bob! I know what it's like to have a T Bucket rolling around in your head for 30 years! I finally got intothe game last year. i'm still working on it, but it's a blast and I know when you make the plunge, you'll feel the same.

In the mean time, do what your doing. O call it research and it sure did help that I already had things mapped out before I started. I think I've built 5 of these in my head, but I'm working on the real one now!:lol:

welcome to the board

i'm curious though, you've said you are a electrician, could you specify any more than that? IE: industrial working for a factory, residential working for a contractor...ect

Welcome to the board from a fellow Newbie. I just recently joined the board also, a wealth of information here.

Thanks Everyone

Thanks to all of you for the welcome messages. Nailbomb, I do industrial electical work for a large phamaceutical company here in Indianapolis, I've been here for 34 years now and I hope to retire in the next 5 to 6 years. Mike, I live on the southeast side of indianapolis near the marion-johnson county line near Greenwood. If you are ever down this way on a Saturday night be sure to stop by the Suds in Greenwood, it's an old Dog and Suds that is presently closed but on Saturday nights there is usually a couple of hundred rods and classics either parked or rolling thru, maybe we can meet up there sometime.
Thanks Bob

Mike

Hey Mike: Several years ago the Madison Avenue strip as it was referred to used to be very popular, it was at it's peak back when the Teepee was still there and they would cruise the area between the Teepee, Steak and Shake and White Castle. Nowdays a lot of cars still cruise the area on weekends but it's mostly newer cars and the little tuner cars and lowriders. Madison Ave. also extends out to Greenwood where the Suds is located, the Suds is hard to see from Madison but to get to it you turn off of Madison Ave. or Main street in Greenwood and the Suds sets in a low area just a few hundred yards off of Main street or Madison. When you turn off and see the amount of cars down there it's very impressive.
Bob

Bob was that area featured in an issue of Car Craft as a hot cruise spot not too long ago? The names of those streets ring a bell. Like I read them from somewhere.:confused:

I did not see the article, but it was one of the stops featured in the Cruising USA Tour. I won't be around this saturday night but soon I will take a couple of photos from a good vantage point and post them if you guys would like to see them. Bob

bobj said:
I did not see the article, but it was one of the stops featured in the Cruising USA Tour. I won't be around this saturday night but soon I will take a couple of photos from a good vantage point and post them if you guys would like to see them. Bob

Maybe it was a Cruising USA article. It looked like there was agreat showing there, but considering that it the home of the most famous race on the planet:D, I shouldn't have been surprised.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back