Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from North Georgia

Ga_Mike

Hello everyone. Just starting on mine and my fathers build. Me and my father worked together for over 20 years. He is retired and now we don't see each other as much. SO.....I figured this would be a great way for us to spend time together. We plan on going with a low slung bucket with motor raised up. White wall tires.We just got our body from Spirit. We unloaded it together and un crated it. I had him set in it. He smiled so big that mom said he hasn't smiled that big in many many years. We have a 350 motor out of a boat. A buddy is going to build us a 350 trans and going to swap out some stuff for a s-10 rear end. I have contacted Ron from RPM and he is going to supply us with a front end and other items. We are fixing to start with some 2x4's do start doing some mock ups.

TBucketBuild

http://picasaweb.google.com/McDanielfamilyclan.com/TBucketBuild#5329572310760688210

http://picasaweb.google.com/McDanielfamilyclan.com/TBucketBuild#

:D
Great to have you here ,,

I'm glad to see that you got your body,I'm doing the same thing with my dad,we are having a great time. These are some of the best people I have ever talked to,I hope I get to meet them some time,I am going to the bash in July I hope some will be there, yall come

Looks like you started with a quality body is it a longer body? How tall is your dad?

Thanks guys!.....Just starting to collect parts...You know how that goes!:D.... Will try and keep you guys updated with pics and info. Fixing to order some tires from Coker in next couple of days I guess.

Mike

putz said:
Looks like you started with a quality body is it a longer body? How tall is your dad?

It is a standard body from Spirit. Spoke with Josh and Bob on the phone for a little bit before I pulled the plug. Real nice guys. My father is 6'2". Im 5'7".

Welcome Mike! Are you and your dad going to the NSRA show in Knoxville this weekend? May be a good place for ideas and a good swapmeet.

I'm going to try. I talked to Rick yesterday about a body and he told me he would be at the show and I'm going to look for him. Are you going to have a booth or just be there? I'm NSRA Lifetime Member #292

Welcome Mike, your project with your dad sounds great. It brings back memories of the one I built with my dad 20 years ago. I still have it.

old round fart said:
Welcome Mike! Are you and your dad going to the NSRA show in Knoxville this weekend? May be a good place for ideas and a good swapmeet.

Gonna try but I coach a 12 and under softball team. I think we have a make-up game. Have to see!....Thanks
Mike

Coaching t-ball now that is fun you just have to remember to hold on to the kids bat if you are going to take the ball off the t. Believe me you only do that once.Watching your first kid run the bases backwards is hilarious.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back