Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from western Pa

Brian W

Finally, after years of wanting to build a Bucket, it’s happening. The parts gathering is coming along nicely.
Speedway bucket with door. (Someones abandoned project).
Model A front axle and split wishbones.
Complete 350 I’ll be pulling from my 82 corvette. It’s time for an upgrade.
Going to pick up 4 sticks of 2x3 tubing on Friday that I got a good deal on.
3 inch tube with 2.5 perch installed. Guy went another direction.
Anyway, REAL happy to be here and finally make my dream T.

Welcome from St Louis. Wow, great start on your bucket. Do you have a blueprint or pattern for your frame? CCR has a great set of plans if not. Do you have an idea in your head for the final stance of your bucket? Most sit lower in front, and the rake can be achieved with "Big 'n Little" tires. Overall lowness for the body can be built-in with frame kickups. Should be a fun time for you, and we're here to offer advice and cheer you on. :thumbsup::D

A.jpg

Welcome to the forum from the better side of Oklahoma !!! LOL !

Welcome from St Louis. Wow, great start on your bucket. Do you have a blueprint or pattern for your frame? CCR has a great set of plans if not. Do you have an idea in your head for the final stance of your bucket? Most sit lower in front, and the rake can be achieved with "Big 'n Little" tires. Overall lowness for the body can be built-in with frame kickups. Should be a fun time for you, and we're here to offer advice and cheer you on. :thumbsup::D

View attachment 23521
I have a pretty good idea on what it SHOULD look like in the end, but as we all know things can change in a hot minute.
A simple, turtle deck T is the goal. Understated, smooth rims and caps, spring over axle with wishbones, 8 or 10 inch rear tire, and the same blue color as my dads 1979 F-350. He passed 3 years ago and we talked often about building a T bucket.
Haven’t narrowed down a rear end yet. 8.8 or S-10 I’m guessing.

Welcome from Oklahoma again. Four sticks if tubing is way overkill unless you are making frame table. Check your measurements.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back