Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hey guys! Been a long time.

Zack

I hope everyone is doing well. Been a while since I've been back here. Sold my bucket and moved from Texas to Colorado (outside Golden). Wish i was still back in Texas, LOL. I've decided to re-visit an old quest of mine. I'm trying to find my dad's old bucket. Below is my token ad for this search. If any of you guy might have a lead on this car, please drop me a line and it's sure nice to be back here.
PS... If i cannot find dad's bucket, i will be looking to build another one, LOL.

BTW...... If anyone is looking to buy a bucket, i just found where mine is for sale somewhere in Mohave, AZ. Here's the link. Sure wish i would have kept it and sure wish i had the funds to buy it back.
http://mohave.craigslist.org/cto/4361727866.html

Anyway, back to my story. In 1975, Dad started his build on a 1923 T-bucket roadster. In 1979 he completed the car and sold it in 1980. A local man bought the car where it remained in the Jackson, MS area for the next several years. Eventually it was sold again to another Jackson area local. I have been looking for this car for a 8+ years in hopes I can locate it possibly buy the car back. I have followed up on the 1-2 leads i have several times but no luck.

I have tried researching the last known LP (MS Antique #1196) and have had no luck. I do not have the VIN number or any other official documentation. I spoke to the man who painted the car many years ago and he said he did in fact see the car near the Ross Barnett Reservoir in Jackson a couple years back but is was in passing on a highway. He advised that a large man who appeared overweight was the driver and that he was 100% positive that is was my dad's roadster. It is my belief that the car is still located in the Jackson, MS area. I would be extremely grateful to anyone who might know anything about this vehicle or offer advice as to how i can track this car withOUT a VIN number. I have attached the only pics of have of the car and they are from 1979 which some are from the 70 World of Wheels in Jackson, Ms. With the exception of the body, this car was built 100% from scratch by dad. There is nothing on the car that could be considered a "kit" part.

More than likely this car has been thru a lot of changes over the years but the interior, paint and steering setup would more than likely still be as original today. Last time I saw the car was in 1986 and it had wide Tru-Spoke wheels/tires and a blower intake setup.

Here are some distinguishing characteristics that would identify that this is the car i'm looking for:
1. Hand cut walnut dash with centered gauge cluster (Stewart Warner Gauges)
2. Steering column comes up thru the floor and is almost straight up n down.
3. The steering wheel was a custom made 6" dropped "T" style with 4 brass spokes and wood ring.
4. The interior was a darker tan color diamond style tufted and pleated.
5. Brass Radiator.
6. Paint color was a 1976 Cadillac "fire-thorn" red.
7. Brass carriage lights on the cowling.
8. 70's style Mustang/Pinto automatic floor shifter (See pic)
9. Did have some pin striping on the body sides in the door area and on the tailgate. Also had a big letter "T" on the cowling at the base of windshield.
10. Originally had a LT1 350 with an offenhauser cross-ram intake.
11. TH400 Transmission.
12. Had side "wind wings" that attached to the sides of the windshield frame.
13. Headlights are from a 1934 Chevy.

If you have knowledge of where this car is or might be, i would be extremely grateful if you would drop me an email.

scan00012.jpg

scan0001.jpg

7-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

1281112679_001_zps9b47152c.png

1281112679_002_zpsb0393b03.png

1281112679_003_zps9ccd9d99.png

Thanks,
Zack

Last edited:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back