Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hey Mike and Fred

thomas

Sold my bass boat today guys. Be ordering my kit by weeks end. Not sure which one though. Like TP, but Spirit has some pretty good deals going. A lot for your money. I'll make my decision soon. Pretty excited I am. I feel like a little kid right now. I can wait to get one built and meet you guys in the near future.:dance: :toast: :dance:

thomas:D

ALRIGHT! Nice going! Check them both out and call them to see how they are at treating people. I can only speak for Total because I deal with them, and I have posted about them, so you already know where my loyalty lies. Just do your research and go with whoever feels right to you.

It sounds like you are going with a complete setup. Sometimes I wish I would have, but I did what I did for a specific reason. The complete setup is the way to go cost wise, regardless of who you go with. Like all things, take your time and read the instructions. It's easy to let your enthusiasm lead you to trouble.

Wait till that big truck pulls up! A day I know I'll never forget.:dance: I even remember the song that was playing on the radio! It was "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd. I almost named her Floyd!

Again, congrats and post pics! If you have a question about something feel free to post and don't be affraid to ask someone if you have a problem.

Good luck!

Thank you my friend. I will keep posted with pictures of my progress.

Congrats on selling the boat! so you've already stated your about to make a choice on dealer for a kit, do you have any solid plans on what body style or engine you'llbe running?

Hi Nailbomb,

I'm old fart, so I don't need to go fast. Just want to cruise. I'm going with a 23 T, ford 302, C4 trans. I'm leaning towards a spirit kit. A lot more for your money. And at 64 yrs of age don't have alot of time left here on earth. So I need to build pretty fast if I want to drive it. Hope you get started on yours soon.

Thomas, that's great news! Now you're finally on your way to building your own dream. C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S

I would just agree with the others in saying you will want to investigate your options closely. I've wanted a Total kit since the first Total ad I ever saw, but I still needed to satisfy my own curiosity about the company by paying them a visit. And I'm glad I did, because it settled all the questions about the seat insert, but I could also see the windshield options and see the chrome option, etc. Sure, those parts are all well cataloged, but nothing beats seeing them in person.

I wish it were otherwise, but even just the kit represents a large investment for me, so I wanted to be 100% sure in my own mind. Take a long weekend and drive down to pay Spirit a visit and then you can see the people you'll be dealing with and the parts you'll be paying for. (And remember to take your camera with you when you go ;) )

thomas said:
Hi Nailbomb,

I'm old fart, so I don't need to go fast. Just want to cruise. I'm going with a 23 T, ford 302, C4 trans. I'm leaning towards a spirit kit. A lot more for your money. And at 64 yrs of age don't have alot of time left here on earth. So I need to build pretty fast if I want to drive it. Hope you get started on yours soon.

Bah, you can't sell me the old fart deal, play toys turn everyone into a kid, the older you are the longer it takes to heal from accidents which occur from these times though. Thats the learning curve i guess.

besides you've basicly told me your going to take most of your guts from a 5.0 mustang. Thats a great choice as they're plentiful in junkyards nationwide. If i were you i'de ditch the 10 bolt that comes with the kit and get a 8.8 Rear axle. Many came with disc brakes that will help you stop, and you'll probably need it scince your stealing a drivetrain from a vehicle that was considered sporty with twice as much weight. If you get the 8.8 from a early 90's fox body most of them came with 3.22 cruising gears too i believe.

just a few suggestions

Nailbomb

There is that option at spirit for a ford 8.8 rearend. I'll look into it. Thanks.

Thanks for letting me know Thomas.You come over and take up space in my garage and sit in my car but you can't let me know?HEHEHEHE congrats man now lets get a move on.

Sorry Rick,

We work different hours, I was going to call you from work, but left your number at home. I was so excited, I just had to let Mike and Fred know. I'll call you this weekend.:eek::eek:

Your friend

Hey, Thomas. Say hello to your next good friend!:dance:

ups.jpg

Hey Rick, Mike and Fred

Ordered my kit today from Spirit.:dance::hooray: I'm already standing in the doorway looking for the truck.

Nice job, Thomas! Maybe you'll get lucky and the truck will come early like mine did. It was one day early and since where I work gets deliveries by truck, I didn't realise what it was until he opened the back! The driver asked me, "Hey, what is this?" :dance: Now he stops by, whether we have a delivery or not, just to see how she's coming along.

Have not heard from Mike in a little while, somebody go wake him up:lol:. Hope to post the four pallets of parts within a couple of weeks.

I'm looking forward to see how the Spirit build compares to the Total. Other than the price, what was the deciding factor in going with Spirit?

Hi Mike

Yes it is Christmas in July for me. I fell like a little kid waiting to open my present. Even my wife is excited to start this project. I'm sure if its the car or I'll be home on the weekends instead of fishing.

Fred, I found out from spirit that they purchase some of their items like the windshields from Total to fit their cars. So I believe their bodys have to simular. Just get more for the buck. Hope I didn't make the wrong decision, time wil tell.

thomas said:
Fred, I found out from spirit that they purchase some of their items like the windshields from Total to fit their cars. So I believe their bodys have to simular. Just get more for the buck. Hope I didn't make the wrong decision, time wil tell.

Nothing wrong with saving money! They are getting a good rep and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back