Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

hitch pics

norseman

someone awhile ago asked me for a hitch pic, its a little fuzzy but youll get the idea!
FILE0186.jpg

Paul

a 'hitch pic' is a trailer hitch picture.

Getting off topic of the "hitch pic", how does the car ride without the trailer and the dual coil overs? In addition, whats the rate on each side?

Not a clue on the coil rate. If you have both sides set as soft as they go the ride is just ok with 2 people. I might upgrade my rear suspension one of these days. Pulling the camper it rides pretty decent if you crank them up.. Those are harley sportster take off shocks. lol If I get bored this summer I might switch over to an uneven 4 bar setup. Im finding out that if we spring them so they ride nice with just the driver, tossing in a couple hundred pound passenger changes everything.. The car is pretty light compared to a regular car where a few hundred pounds really isnt noticeable.

Ted Brown said:
290-tail-turn-lites-exhaust-tips-rubber-reciever-trailer-hitch-33-tall-tires.jpg

Ted,
Like the way you have the rear end covered up and i like the hitch too,Looks like you are running a 4 bar setup am i right?Can you send me pictures of you whole car all 4 corners?
Thanks,Vince

Vince, Not a 4 bar, a lift setup, or what you call hair pins, I like to cover the complete underbelly, makes it much easier to mount things where they work the best and not be seen, or even have to worry about cleaning it all the time. i have a watts link mounted to the center of my housing, plus this also hides most of the tail lights, ,turn and brake... The hitch is a receiver type, part of the frame.. plenty strong, I moved my whole shop one time with my Roadster pulling a 16' trailer loaded... :)

Ted, You got a great little car there.I am going to setup mine with the coils in front of the rear end like you get yours.Now all i got to do is find a 9" ford rear end and get my hands on another center section for the 513s i want to use for around town and 373 for the highway.At least til i cant change them out anymore because of old age setting in. :D
Thanks,Vince

Old Age? I know the feeling- I had to re-do my front brake lines and to do it I removed the radiator and did some bending. I'm just old and SORE.

jeffery said:
Ted, You got a great little car there.I am going to setup mine with the coils in front of the rear end like you get yours.Now all i got to do is find a 9" ford rear end and get my hands on another center section for the 513s i want to use for around town and 373 for the highway.At least til i cant change them out anymore because of old age setting in. :)
Thanks,Vince
Well the springs in front of the rear end is just a start, the whole combo is where it's at... You can have those low gears my friend, I have seen enough of them for a life time, I now run and have for the past 20 years, a 273 final gear ratio, this has not let me down, ever... a light car really there is no need on the street for low gears, but you do what floats your boat, as that is what makes the World go round.. we can't all be the same, Thank God for that, or I would be out of luck.. :)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back