Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hot Rod Refuge - Part Deux

Mike

As a handful of you are aware, I set up a general hot rodding discussion forum, the Hot Rod Refuge, a few months back. A lot of our members have rides other than T-Buckets, and several of them were less than satisfied with the other hot rod forum sites. So I ventured out and set up this new site.

Activity has been pretty quiet over there, and I really had a better place to use the XenForo software on another site, so I tumbled the site, yesterday afternoon. I already have members of two other forums jumping up and down at the addition of the software licenses I took from HRR. :thumbsup:

Several of the HRR members were wanting to see the site continue, so I have set up a new forum at that URL. The site is now using MyBB software, which I will openly state is not nearly as nice as what we are using here. But when it came right down to it, the site was either going to be set up on a FOSS package, or it was going to vanish, entirely.

I am still working on fleshing out some anti-spam functions on that site, so for the time being, I am manually approving all new registrations. But registrations are open, so come over there and say hello.

The site is not going to focus on any particular type or year of car, so you can post about your T-Buckets or your Vipers over there.

As a handful of you are aware, I set up a general hot rodding discussion forum, the Hot Rod Refuge, a few months back. A lot of our members have rides other than T-Buckets, and several of them were less than satisfied with the other hot rod forum sites. So I ventured out and set up this new site.

Activity has been pretty quiet over there, and I really had a better place to use the XenForo software on another site, so I tumbled the site, yesterday afternoon. I already have members of two other forums jumping up and down at the addition of the software licenses I took from HRR. :thumbsup:

Several of the HRR members were wanting to see the site continue, so I have set up a new forum at that URL. The site is now using MyBB software, which I will openly state is not nearly as nice as what we are using here. But when it came right down to it, the site was either going to be set up on a FOSS package, or it was going to vanish, entirely.

I am still working on fleshing out some anti-spam functions on that site, so for the time being, I am manually approving all new registrations. But registrations are open, so come over there and say hello.

The site is not going to focus on any particular type or year of car, so you can post about your T-Buckets or your Vipers over there.

If you don't believe Mike when he says that you can post about any vehicle you should check out the POT ROD in the Modern Era forum.

Jim

I'm there and hope to see it grow into a great site like here. Jim, I just don't know what to say about the pot rod.

I'm there and hope to see it grow into a great site like here. Jim, I just don't know what to say about the pot rod.

Hey, when you gotta go it's just the thing. LOL

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back