Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

howdy from the great white north

My name is Nate. Im 26 and I live in Syracuse NY and I do NOT have a T yet. Ive been a gearhead all my life; racing everything from snowmobiles and go-karts to sailboats. I have a 72 camaro with a 383 and a 700r4 that Im selling because she loves high octane and I want a rod. Im finishing my girlfriends 87 TPI 305 firebird TransAm WS6 (scored it for 1100 bucks - needs paint and tlc) this winter and will use the money from the camaro to finance my T.

I do a lot of my own work; my dad was a shop teacher for years and is my best friend. I also have cerebral palsy, but Ive never ever let that stop me and Im not gonna now.

I love building engines and painting most of all so if you have any questions, I'll be glad to give advice where I can. Remember what works for me is MY experience so take it with a grain of salt.

Nate

You clearly have a great passion for this hobby and sounds like you have a great relationship with your dad... very cool... only rule here is ya got to post pics of your build cause we can't seem to get enough!

:rulz:

Also, you'll find this forum is full of some great talent, people in general, and lots of newbies (such as myself) that I'm sure you'll be able to share your experiences with...

So jump in.. get ya feet wet, and I truly don't think that other matter will be an issue here at all... we talk to folks from NY!. :)

Welcome aboard. It's nice to hear a Son say his Pop is his best friend......speaks volumes about you and your Dad. :rulz::):)

Don

Well; as soon as I et over to my girlfriends apartment, I'll have more pics.

The T I want to build is a tribute to Duffy Livingstone's car "Tihsepa."
Brock Yates owns the car now and wrote a book about its ressurection "Ressurection of a Hot Rod." Duffy was also the creator of the "Go-Kart" name. Enclosed are some pics that I hope will give you guys some insight into what I want to do. The only problem; wifey-to-be says it needs to have a top of some sort :eek::eek::eek:. Not exactly sure how? Maybe stretch the tub a few inches and get a folding top made?
The only concessions will be an automatic (because of my CP), and not channeling it (that far?) due to actually wanting to drive the bugger.

TihsepaFront.jpg

TihsepaRear.jpg

TihsepaInterior.jpg

Welcome! Posting pics your first day makes you okay in my book!:rulz: Please try and build that racer. It looks like it would be a nice build.

Welcome from sunny Las Vegas.

Howdy, welcome to the organized confusion ;) :rulz:

ROFL Tihsepa! I wonder how many look at the name and scratch their heads. Love the look. That body isn't really channeled that far, but it has one heck of a huge pan underneath. Go for it!

Welcome Nate

:welcome:You are joining a band of brothers not seen anywhere else but in war. We tend not to have war or warring words on this site.

Please keep us apprised of your build. Don't know if you ever built balsa wood planes when you were a kid, but I always thought the neatest part of the guild was just before you put the paper skin on the frame...that's kind of like building the bucket. It's always neatest "before" the body goes on.

Should you have "any" questions, do NOT be afraid to ask as even us old timers re-learn a few things now and then because you see many people have their own ideas, but the outcome is mostly the same.

Welcome to your new band of brothers Nate. :lol:

Donald D.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back