Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

I could use these.

Nothing worries me more than sliding in under a car on a jack, concrete blocks. 2X4's, levitation or anything going against the force of GRAVITY. Maybe it's just me.

I don't like the idea of a wheel on a flat platform when I'm under the car. I used to be thin and might get there again, but don't want to be flat.

I don't like the idea of a wheel on a flat platform when I'm under the car. I used to be thin and might get there again, but don't want to be flat.

Yeah, if I make some I'll use the plates from these dollies that I already have. And add a wide lip for and aft.
dollie.jpg

I was worried that they were flat on top also, but they are not. Still, at the cost of $800, I will
be sticking with my safety stands.

upload_2020-2-8_9-22-12.png

Link loaded but is not secure.
I like jack stands and even have a fixed height aluminum set (4) with square base plate for removing wheels and brake work.

Another issue is jacking the car high enough to get that stand under the tire. Not as big an issue with solid axles, but how much suspension drop do you have to overcome if lifting it from a frame rail.

I think if I were going to spend any money for a budget lift, I would kick in another 800 buck and get one of these. Only have to use floor jack one time. That is good because I am lazy.
download.jpg download (1).jpg

I think if I were going to spend any money for a budget lift, I would kick in another 800 buck and get one of these. Only have to use floor jack one time. That is good because I am lazy.
View attachment 18308 View attachment 18309

My next door neighbor has one of those and he really likes it. Just don't bang your head on the bar at the back (don't ask me how I know).

And how do you remove wheels while on that thing? Is there a treadle that goes across with a jack?

On my 4 post lift, I raise the car enough to put 4 jack stands under the frame and then let the lift down. making wheels removable. The curved cross member is where the jack lifts, as in the photo in response #10.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back