Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Im---Patiently Waiting

dovehunter79

Since my frame is hanging in the air in the shop and its around 45 degrees, I cant paint it. I am super excited to get it done so I can put it back together and get it closer to being on the road. I dont have a paint/bake booth so I have to wait for mother nature to cooperate... I wanna wait to paint it but I cant at the same time. In times like this where you set little goals for yourself, you get so close to completion before you get to the next goal; you just hit a little snag. I guess its kind of like pacing the floor when your waiting for some super exciting news that could change your life forever.(well maybe not that dramatic, but...) I dont ever claim that it will ever be the best looking T but it will be mine and that will make it the best to me. Its been a dream car of mine since I was a little kid so until its done I reckon I will continue to be im---patiently waiting.

In the meantime :whistle:

Just practice you VAROOM, VAROOM sounds. :D

I had a close Friend back in cold Minnesota, and He painted in the Winter also... He said the trick to painting in colder weather is to use real good slow thinner, not fast dry... other wise you get cloudy looking paint... But you do what works best for you.. Just thought I would throw that your way...

I painted several cars during the winter months. I used torpedo heaters. DO NOT run the heaters while painting!!! I would get the shop up to about 80 turn off the heaters and paint. Then open the doors turn on the fans and suck the paint fumes out. Then turn on the heaters again. If you don't have one of those heaters maybe you could borrow one or rent one.

RPM said:
I painted several cars during the winter months. I used torpedo heaters. DO NOT run the heaters while painting!!! I would get the shop up to about 80 turn off the heaters and paint. Then open the doors turn on the fans and suck the paint fumes out. Then turn on the heaters again. If you don't have one of those heaters maybe you could borrow one or rent one.

Great idea and would LOVE to do that!!!!! problem is that the shop floor is 500sq ft and the 4 doors that were hung when it was built draft like none other even when we strap them down...:sad:

dovehunter79 said:
Great idea and would LOVE to do that!!!!! problem is that the shop floor is 500sq ft and the 4 doors that were hung when it was built draft like none other even when we strap them down...:sad:

That could be a problem then. Hey, but you won't have to worry about how to get the paint fumes out when you do get to paint.

RPM said:
That could be a problem then. Hey, but you won't have to worry about how to get the paint fumes out when you do get to paint.

LOL, not at all... Wind wasnt blowing that bad when it got primed, opened the doors and fumes were gone real quick.

well that could blow in a lot of dust, being in Texas?? Can't have that... Not to change the subject,
Did you know that Sex and Hotrods are both in the same category...
They both provide a tremendous amount of pleasure...
But!
What is one Man’s Fantasy, is another Man’s Nightmare...
Just thought I would see if you all agree with this... ?? hehe

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back