Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Instaling floor wood

Francis Blake

A friend who is helping me with my build said the floor wood should go underneath, I have not seen this done. Has anyone done this or seen it done.Appreciate any comments.

A friend who is helping me with my build said the floor wood should go underneath, I have not seen this done. Has anyone done this or seen it done.Appreciate any comments.

Underneath what???

Jim

Sorry I should make myself more clear. My 27 has a fiberglass floor that is a little springy and the question is wood on top of the fiberglass floor or under it, my friend said he a tbucket with the wood on bottom of the floor, I have never seen it done that way.

If you already have a fiberglass floor and you feel that it is not strong enough, simply lay a couple more layers of glass on it. You will be able to make it as strong as you want. I have a glass floor and it is very rigid.

Jim

Francis ... unless you are mounting components to the floor, there is really no need to add the plywood. Keep in mind you will probably not be standing on the floor, it's basiclly just a dust shield. If you think you need more strength, i have used garden hose laid across the bottom and glassed over them. In effect adding ribs to the floor. while your at it add some metal plates, 10ga., to the areas for things like body mounts etc. Remember, anything you add to the bottom of the floor is going to raise the body that much.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back