Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Introducing myself - T bucket owner

PhilMay

Introducing myself - hi my name is Phil I am building aT bucket 350 Chevy drop tube front axle and vette irs. Be interested to speak to other T owners or anyone with similar interests. I have fitted friction shocks on the front but wondered without altering the chassis too much, how to fit gas shocks - has anyone done this without altering the chassis too much. It’s already painted! Could I use gas shocks laid horizontally. Cheers

Hi Phil, Welcome from the always warm and sunny Caribbean . . . . :cool:

You could look into using the Spirit shock mounts as they are bolt on.

If you have lower mounts, or a place to put them in a similar location to where Spirit puts them in the batwings, then their shocks and mounts could be an easy upgrade.

I'm building a Spirit 27T

Front End 1cr.jpg

Front End 2cr.jpg

Welcome from St Louis, Phil. Like the Island Girl said, there are probably some bolt-on options for your setup. I know there are some horizontal shock layouts but the closer to vertical they are the more effective they are.

Welcome west coast Florida, I have the friction type on the front seem to work very good just have to watch out for the bad roads no matter what you have

Welcome from Racine Wisconsin. Post pictures as soon as you can. Enjoy watching other builds

Hi guys sorry not very good yet at this new fancy internet thing thanks for the replys I’m in Scarborough Uk , I will try my friction ones to see how they are but as I said before every one has said don’t use them and get some telescopic so I have just got a pair from SpeedwayMotors they are in the garage waiting to be fitted if I’m not happy. I also tried to get the 30%laid back stainless windscreen posts from SpeedwayMotors but they have stopped selling them has anyone know of anyone who sells them cheers Phil

Phil, you must have 10 posts before you can upload photos. Sometimes even with your 10 posts it may take the moderators a day or two give you permissions.

Welcome to the Forum Phil from Edmonton, Alberta Canada. I like the idea of the Vette IRS, would definitely help the ride.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back