Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Is this our Ted Brown?

tfeverfred

I found this in a thread on the HAMB. Just wondered if it's the Ted Brown who posts here?

ted_brown.jpg

that would be a yes fred....................

Ron

Cool. I had read his profile and knew he had a history with T Buckets, but I didn't know his experience was that deep.

Hey, I wonder if he still has any of those $2 t-shirts left?:rofl: I'll take 3 or 4.

Ted Brown is the man. I will bet if it has been tried he has tried it. I am all ears when he has a suggestion. PS where do i send the 2 bucks for that nifty t shirt Ted.

Bout tempted to make some more of them T shirts, as I could still sell them for that price... T shirts are waaaaay over priced for some ungodly reason, just like most of the new T parts, I am going to start flame cutting parts again to help you fellas cut some costs... but the shipping is gettin crazy too....

Ted Brown said:
PS, from a real computer dummy!! what is this HAMB? better e-mail me as I don't even know how to get back into this conversation.. hehe daaaaaaaa :)

It's the Hokey Ass Message Board. Guys that are into traditional hot rods. Every now and then, a thread will pop up about T Buckets.

THE H.A.M.B. - Powered by vBulletin

Some of the members are there are members here too. Like me.:)

well surprise, I made it back.. hehe learnin more everyday, well night..hehe Hokey Ass Message Board that is a strange name... I see soo much stuff used on hotrods still, been wrong years ago, still wrong, and still people still do it, why is this?? Tie rods in front of axles really kills me.. That is just why I came up with the tie rods on top and still behind where it is supposed to be for correct steering geometry... it is sooo easy to make it right, and it looks sooo Daaaaaaaa out front, to anyone who knows anything about steering systems... fine for an off road car, just not right for the street. Just me..... and my friends... and all my customers also, as they heard it from me also... hehe just had to get that off my chest... won't say it again..

Ted Brown said:
well surprise, I made it back.. hehe learnin more everyday, well night..hehe Hokey Ass Message Board that is a strange name... I see soo much stuff used on hotrods still, been wrong years ago, still wrong, and still people still do it, why is this?? Tie rods in front of axles really kills me.. That is just why I came up with the tie rods on top and still behind where it is supposed to be for correct steering geometry... it is sooo easy to make it right, and it looks sooo Daaaaaaaa out front, to anyone who knows anything about steering systems... fine for an off road car, just not right for the street. Just me..... and my friends... and all my customers also, as they heard it from me also... hehe just had to get that off my chest... won't say it again..

So, can you show how to mount it behind the axle?

Just look at any CCR chassis, that is all my design, and you can use any bolt on steering arms you want, just put the tierod to the rear, on top if it is too low on the bottom, as you never want to drag the main thing you have for steering your car...

not to change the subject, but.... I have tried several times to leave comments on different people's pages, all to no avail.. always says error on page and then i can not find where to leave that message.. what is up with this?? How do you find the host to find out what is wrong?

I would like to see some pictures of what Mr. Brown is talking about also ..

Ted,

I am afraid that I must respectively disagree with your statement on front mounted tie rods.

Re: Is this our Ted Brown?
Tie rods in front of axles really kills me.. That is just why I came up with the tie rods on top and still behind where it is supposed to be for correct steering geometry... it is sooo easy to make it right, and it looks sooo Daaaaaaaa out front, to anyone who knows anything about steering systems... fine for an off road car, just not right for the street. Just me..... and my friends... and all my customers also, as they heard it from me also... hehe just had to get that off my chest... won't say it again...

You may not like front mounted tie rods from an aesthetic standpoint but the steering geometry is not affected if you have made steering arms that correct the reverse Ackerman that most guys have because they have merely reversed the axle assembly. I know that there are many guys that believe that Ackerman is not important but I am not one of them.

If you look at this picture, you will see that I have corrected for the reverse Ackerman with the new steering arms that I have made.

IMG_2991.jpg

When you draw a line through the center of my tie rod mounting bolt and through the center of my kingpin on both sides, they intersect at the center of my rear end. This is exactly how they are to meet for perfect Ackerman.

I made my tie rod in front because it worked best for my application. If I were to have mounted it behind it would have thrown off the proportions of my build. My car has a 109" wheelbase and sits extremely low. It also has a Vega cross steer set up.

IMG_2721.jpg

Please do not take what I have said in the wrong way. I respect you and your opinions very much. I just felt that this needed a little clarification.

Jim

To Jim, You are a special builder, I can see that, and you did it correct for mounting the tie rod out front.. not many do this... I guess you must like that look, and you have every right to that look on your ride. I myself do not want my tie rod out where it is the first thing some Ahole will hit when parking or whatever, I have fixed sooo many tie rods from just this, and I really prefere the look of the front all squared up sort of with it behind and on top.. Just me... This is what makes the World go round... be boring if all was the same... You have a very interesting lookin ride, I really like people that dare to be different, I was once. :wall:

To Ex Junk I am glad to see a full side pic of your car I reallllly like it and would like to use that pic for my desktop pic if you dont mind:lol:...Francis

Exjunk cant post anymore pictures he is makin the rest of us look bad. His ride is too damn cool lookin. :wall: From now on he can only post this pic, it makes me feel better about my car. I Apologize in advance if this belongs to anyone on this post. Just kidding EX i wish i could have got that low on my car.

Francis i beat u to it his bucket is one of the rotating screensavers at my office putor.

Francis, I consider that a great compliment. Have at it my friend!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back